Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Not starting on the right foot (MSCOMCTL.OCX)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
autotime View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 6:36pm

little more on my problem...when I try to import a file from spectrum it goes through and detects files and chanels but it looks like when it goes to bookmarks it closes.  if i try to create a new file and import chanels it just hangs up.  there are no error reports on anything.

thanks again, tim

Bdale Lights View Drop Down

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 1:20am
Tim,
Well, you are now further ahead than I am. I still get an error when trying to open the program. It closes the program, so all I get to see is the splash screen and then the error box.  I am hoping when the weekend is over that someone at aurora will be able to give me some suggestions to get the program to at least open.

Bob T.
Bob T.
D-Light controllers - 64 channels (Running for Second Year!)
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 11:11pm
Before I even begin, let me state that I am by no means an expert on any of this.  (I'm just as new to Aurora as you are.)  I've been having my own issues, and if you feel like it you can head over to the bug forum and read all about it. 

What I can tell you from my experience is this--  When Aurora crashes upon loading, it will do one of three things:  Simply make the default 'ding' sound and exit, give you an error box and exit, or Windows itself will generate an error box that tells you the program is being shut down and then asks you if you want to tell Microsoft about this problem (and then it kills the program).  If you are getting the last message and you have to click the "click here to see what this report contains" link, then from what I've learned on the net researching my own issues is that the error is not being caused by Aurora, but by another program on your system that messed the file up somehow.  In my case, ivaudio.ax was the culprit, and Win DVD is the program that uses it, except when there is a certain SoundBlaster card that you guessed it, my system has.  Reinstalling that file or disengaging it from the registry seems to be the fix. 

Try going to this site and doing what it says, but before you do, make sure you set a system restore point in case something goes wrong.  And if you don't know what you are doing, then don't take my adivce and instead consult an expert.  http://www.majorgeeks.com/faqshow.php?id=8

Good luck!
~Jonathan
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 5:49am
My personal experience with programs that quit without error messages (they just go away) is a conflict with video cards or video drivers. Perhaps people need to start describing their video subsystem and drivers, even DirectX. If you are using the DirectShow option, there may be a link.
JonB - D-Light user
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 5:58pm

Just updated to new pc with Vista Ultimate myself.  Pretty close to your hardware config.

Don't forger the Vista patch
Worked excellent for me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678