Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora wishlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:45am
Haven't used it yet so I'm not sure if this is an issue or not but it was an issue/feature in Spectrum...  When autosave saves my work at whatever time interval I set it at, Spectrum would overwrite the original file I opened to start with. ie my Template in most cases.  It would be helpful if Aurora were just to autosave as a *.bak file and just overwrite that file each time it autosaved.  This way I don't have to remember to open my template with all my controllers and channels set up in it, then immediately save it as my new working file that I'm working on so the template dosen't get written over...  Does this make sense or have I over(under)explained it?
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:07am
1. Ability to draw Multi-colored light strings
2. Tap/space to add time marker
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:47pm
be able to Adjust leaping arches after they are drawn.

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 12:05am
Now that I've actually stated to sequence a reall song....
1. I'd REALLY like to have tap-to-add-time-marker.
2. Slower play so that I can hit the notes more precicely would be nice. Some go by fast.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 2:15am
Am putting a video together to show how to set a beat interval at the exact point. The feature is already there, just don't think anyone has considered implementing it in this fashion.

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 9:09am
How about getting the Mouse wheel to zoom in/out
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:38pm
Aurora does as you describe.  Auto save happens as the "Backup Workspace" functionality.  Your working file is never overwritten without you telling it to save, but if for some reason you have a problem (program crash, power outage, etc.) then you can click the "Use Backup Workspace" button the next time you start Aurora to get to the last restore point.

Workspace backup happens ever 5 minutes except during playback.  If you are playing back the sequence at the scheduled backup time then the backup gets deferred for 1 minute before trying again.

Originally posted by TheQueb

Haven't used it yet so I'm not sure if this is an issue or not but it was an issue/feature in Spectrum...  When autosave saves my work at whatever time interval I set it at, Spectrum would overwrite the original file I opened to start with. ie my Template in most cases.  It would be helpful if Aurora were just to autosave as a *.bak file and just overwrite that file each time it autosaved.  This way I don't have to remember to open my template with all my controllers and channels set up in it, then immediately save it as my new working file that I'm working on so the template dosen't get written over...  Does this make sense or have I over(under)explained it?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

Mouse wheel doesn't do this, but the Pg Up and Pg Dn keys do zoom in/out the horizontal and the + and - keys will zoom in/out the vertical.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by pmcdaniel

Wish list (or just wish):

Copy channel from other file (have 2 instances of aurora open and be able to copy and paste between the two).

This is scheduled for a future version.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

Originally posted by ChrisL1976

Mouse wheel doesn't do this, but the Pg Up and Pg Dn keys do zoom in/out the horizontal and the + and - keys will zoom in/out the vertical.

Think I need to print out that Hotkey sheet

Thanks!!!!

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>