Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora wishlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

Aurora does as you describe.  Auto save happens as the "Backup Workspace" functionality.  Your working file is never overwritten without you telling it to save, but if for some reason you have a problem (program crash, power outage, etc.) then you can click the "Use Backup Workspace" button the next time you start Aurora to get to the last restore point.

Workspace backup happens ever 5 minutes except during playback.  If you are playing back the sequence at the scheduled backup time then the backup gets deferred for 1 minute before trying again.

Ah... I can breathe easier.  I hated the overwrite backup feature in Spectrum.  Thanks!
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by JohnnyL

yes its a virtual yard display, but more powerful. if you get some time check it out. it may be a goodie for next year. 

While at TCLW I had some intersting discussions with attendees about HLD and the Aurora Visualizer.  What I learned at the time was that while HLD was a "would be nice" option, the vast majority of those I spoke with preferred Aurora having its own visualizer built in (in fact, not having to purchase an extra piece of software was a very big selling point).  I'm not going to say we will never support HLD (we very likely will at some point), but we have several plans for the built in visualizer to attend to first (not to forget FF and DMX).
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

1. Ability to draw Multi-colored light strings

At the moment we can't do this, but it is scheduled for 2009 after we update the graphics engine to better take advantage of modern graphics cards.
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:54pm

Originally posted by JohnnyL

yes its a virtual yard display, but more powerful. if you get some time check it out. it may be a goodie for next year. 

While at TCLW I had some intersting discussions with attendees about HLD and the Aurora Visualizer.  What I learned at the time was that while HLD was a "would be nice" option, the vast majority of those I spoke with preferred Aurora having its own visualizer built in (in fact, not having to purchase an extra piece of software was a very big selling point).  I'm not going to say we will never support HLD (we very likely will at some point), but we have several plans for the built in visualizer to attend to first (not to forget FF and DMX).

I actually really like your visualizer.....very clean looking and running.  HLD is cool, but I think being able to look at your display from any angle is kind of a "So What"
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 7:01pm
Don't get me worng, I like the visual, quite usefull.
BUT...
When a violin slowly comes in and then fades out? Hard to catch that event.
The beat detector doesn't catch everything, for exacmple: dum dede dum. Hard to do currectly.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 7:02pm
Violins will appear as a set of thin stacked lines in the middle to upper part of the Spectrogram.
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 10:46pm
l have just started playing with auarora and overall find it very good, but just a couple of little anoying things that l have found, 1: when u stop a sequence and start playing it again, it starts from the original point or the start of the sequence, l think it should restart playing from were it  stopped. 2: it really needs a tap mode, 3: a rewind button back to start would be good. 4: can the time interval lines be moved once placed ? 5: what is the shift timing actuallly for ?

Is there any help files coming in the near future for both the sequencer and schedular ?

Can any tell me how to save in schedular ? and does the run once line mean that when a  squence is placed there it will play only once and any thing in the loop area will be played a number of times  ? if so how do u set the number of loops or do u have a seperate schedule for evey sequence.

bigvic

deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 7:20am
1.  You're requesting a pause feature.  The way it behaves now is easier for tweaking a certain part.
2. I'm indifferent here, but you should try using the waveform or spectrograph to find the beats and then use the split command to get your time events more accurately than tapping.
3. Hit the Home key
4. Mouse over the event line and drag
5. If you ever need to modify your sound file, it may not be exactly synched up with the events.

Help files are in work per Michael.

I don't have scheduler in front of me, but run once is useful for opening and closing sequences.  You don't specify the number of loops, instead the duration of time that the show is to run.  At the end of the loop, Aurora checks the time.  If it's past the end time, closing sequences are played and the show ends.  Otherwise, the next loop is started.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 3:05pm

Violins will appear as a set of thin stacked lines in the middle to upper part of the Spectrogram.
Alright smarty-pants, I'd like to W2E for some vocals in part of a song. I'm talking about TSO's Christmas Cannon here. How would I pull out the vocals so that I can create the waveform?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 3:39pm
Right click on the W2E tool and go to advanced settings. You'll have to play around a bit with the various settings, but you should be able to come up with something that will work.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>