Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora wishlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cp1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 6:24pm
I would also like to see something like a pre programmed patterns like maybe a chase. Even if it was only 8 channels it could be pasted in multiple times to get what we need. This would certainly speed up the sequencing process.Thumbs%20Up
kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by bmpaul

I would like to see some kind of jump to time feature. So when I find something that I would like to edit at 3min and 23seconds I could just enter something like 3.23 and click a button instead of scrolling all the way from the beginning or the end. On the other hand I would be one to vote for not making Aurora a very complicated program. I don't have a supercomputer and I would rather not buy one.
   I do have some sequences that are 6-7minutes long and it is a pain to get to the 3-4 minute mark.  Maybe there is just a shortcut that I am missing.  If I am not missing a shortcut then yes, some sort of simple command line that you can input  a time and it will take you to that point in the sequence.
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by LightChristmas

Make the bloody bulk edit window bloody big enough to bloody see on a bloody 15" screen.LOL

Um, if you have blood on your screen you have bigger issues than your channel editor....

For that matter, if you can afford all these lights and controller, why do you have a 15" screen? As of today, TigerDirect has a 61" DLP (sans blood) on sale for less than your lights cost.  Imagine sequencing on that sucker! Those timing lines would be a piece of cake to drop in...Clap

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by LightChristmas

Make the bloody bulk edit window bloody big enough to bloody see on a bloody 15" screen.LOL

Spoken like a true Brit (or Australian), mate. 
~Jonathan
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 11:26am

At TCLW I had Aurora running on a 24" screen at 1920x1200 resolution.  It was not intended as such, but I think a lot of people came in the booth to ask about the screen, not Aurora!  Seriously, really nice monitors are available under $400 these days (cheapest time to buy is late January/early Februrary though).  Aurora scales up very nicely to 1920x1200 (Remaining usable, I can fit about 80 channels at once on the screen).

Ironically, 15" inch screens are the reason the font is so small in the bulk editor.  Had the font been made larger the form would have went off the edge of the smaller screen resolutions.

joeengler View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote joeengler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2008 at 9:31pm
How about a log file that list the date/time each song was played.

jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 7:58am
I know this was requested somewhere but it would be nice if we could have different colored timing lines.  Particularly I would like to have my beat lines one color and my other timing lines another color.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 1:11pm
jberner,

That request is on the list and will function similar to your request, however there are a few things we must get in place before we can successfully include this feature.  It sounds simple, but when you consider this request leads to the next one (e.g. why not make paste have an option to only paste within certain timing "groups", and then why not let all tools have that same functionality), it becomes clear that we want to do this right instead of only halfway.  Prerequisites of this are a revised copy/paste system and some database improvements.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 13 Aug 2009 at 1:12pm
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 1:51pm
lol. Then I should tell you my next request will be to have 2 timing lines occupying the same space so that a timing group can be adjusted without having to move a beat line... 

I figured I would spread my evil plans out over two revisions but if you want it to be in one I am cool with that.
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 5:53am
It would be nice to be able to delete an event when we are sequencing by simply right clicking on it. Spectrum had it I think and it was very useful.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789