Some music not playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:11am
Also you may want to try to change play back configurations. That solved one issue I was having.

goto settings > playback > and then change the bottom option to directshow instead of the MSDXM option.

Hope that helps.

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
garrisonl View Drop Down

Quote garrisonl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:20am
Thanks Slink,
I already followed your advise.  Still didn't work.  I guess if I'm going to use the software I will need to change all of them to wav files.  At this point, I'm almost finished, so I may have to stick with spectrum this year.  That way I will have all year next year to figure it out.  I only have 16 channels.  Mark and I are very pleased with ourselves with what we have accomplished so far.  He places the order, builds the box, then  I get the rest.  Of course until it's time for him to get on the roof anyway.  I thought about adding more channels next year, but not sure if I will figure out the software enough to do that.  Won't give up that easy though. Thanks again.
Mark & Lisa Garrison
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:21am
Also you may want to try to change play back configurations. That solved one issue I was having.

goto settings > playback > and then change the bottom option to directshow instead of the MSDXM option.

Hope that helps.

Slink

tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:31am
Originally posted by garrisonl

The only other question I have, is there a way to change the format on a completed Spectrum sequence without having to redo the whole song?  I'm finding most of the problems are the mp3's and that's mostly what I have.

Short answer...yes.

If you have the ability to change your MP3 files into wav files, do so.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, we can talk you through it, or you can send me the MP3 files, and I can convert them into friendlier MP3 files or wav files.

At any rate, you shouldn't have to redo your sequences.  Whether you substitute a better audio file in Spectrum or do it after you move over to Aurora, everything should work out.  Go crunch some numbers (I was a business major before I caught the "Theater Bug"), and come back when you feel better.  We'll be here.
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:51am
Some MP3 files end up with a leading edge of silence that various programs interpret differently.  I know the "inserted delay" was less with Spectrum than with Aurora, so this is probably what you are seeing.

If so, just go to "Timing Shift" in the "Edit" menu.  That option will allow you to shift the entire sequence left by a specified number of mS (1/1000 of a second).

Thanks guys.  It seems I have already given up.  At least for today. Don't understand some of the computer lingo you guys are speaking of.  Now if you want to talk about debits and credits I can hang with the best of you.  Some of the music in the aurora is doing strange things.  Like the lights start before the music or the music just doesn't work.  I will keep tinkering with with it until it makes me mad.  Which today it has.  so I will go do a tax return and start from scratch on the music.  The only other question I have, is there a way to change the format on a completed Spectrum sequence without having to redo the whole song?  I'm finding most of the problems are the mp3's and that's mostly what I have.
Thanks for all the help,
Lisa
garrisonl View Drop Down

Quote garrisonl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:54am
I can change the files.  Once I do that, can I just change the song in the spectrum completed files and all my lights stay the same? 
As always you guys are great.  Does anybody know what happed to peaceangel1 (Mike)  He has been helping me as well.  I haven't had any response from him.  Don't even know if he knows that the software has changed.
As far as the number crunching, it would be extension time for those that didn't there taxes when they were supposed to.  Can't decide what makes me madder, music software or tax softwore.  I'll let you guys pick.
I will keep working on the music
Thanks again everyoneSmile
Mark & Lisa Garrison
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:00pm
Oh.... he's here! LOLLOL
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

Some MP3 files end up with a leading edge of silence that various programs interpret differently.  I know the "inserted delay" was less with Spectrum than with Aurora, so this is probably what you are seeing.

If so, just go to "Timing Shift" in the "Edit" menu.  That option will allow you to shift the entire sequence left by a specified number of mS (1/1000 of a second).

Another good tip to know. Smile

I can change the files.  Once I do that, can I just change the song in the spectrum completed files and all my lights stay the same?

With the caveat that you should save this new stuff under a different name, like v1, v2, etc.  Just edit your audio file and save it under a different name so as not to lose the old version.  Then open up your sequence and use the sequence configuration area to assign the new audio file (be sure to not add new intervals while in the configuration area--been there, done that.)  Then save this new sequence with a new name.

You may still need to do what Mike mentions above if/when you move over to Aurora.
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
garrisonl View Drop Down

Quote garrisonl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:42pm
And where would he be?Wink  Is that you with a different name?  don't know everyone yet.
Mark & Lisa Garrison
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 1:24pm
sorry again for the multiple multiple posts.

slink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>