Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Will Aurora work with a "Touch Screen" ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will Aurora work with a "Touch Screen" ??
    Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:47pm
If it does, is it an improvement over a mouse? Big improvement? Minor? or just a hassle?

Can it work like the big screens they used in the movie "Minority Report" ???

If it doesn't, consider it a Feature Request. One of the upcoming Windows versions will be designed especially for touch screen control (multi-finger touch, not just wimpy single finger)

JonB - D-Light user
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:59pm
From an application developer's point of view, I feel as though most things have no point for multi-touch.
What are the most common applications? Word? Excel? a browser? I feel as though it's a toy, not a usefull feature. I rearly break out my Wacom on my desktop or switch to tablet modle on the laptop unles I'm in Photoshop, or taking notes and don't feel like typing.

Of course I culd be wrong. What exactly would you like to do if you could use two fingers to work with Aurora? I'm guessing you have a tablet, since i'd be pushing my monitors all over the place.

As for Does Aurora support touch screen? It supports a single user input. The touch screen works fine with my tablet. Of course I use the pen with it, it would probably work fine if you have a Wacom as well, but then it's harder to use other buttoms on a standard mouse.

I thought MS already had a multi-touch feature? Am I thinking of thier prototype table in some hotels?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 4:11pm

I'm thinking (perhaps that's the problem) of different ways to interact with the screen. Perhaps even multi-user.

Have you ever used a smart whiteboard? There are several vendors, one of them is called "SmartBoard."

It just seemed easier to use a touch panel than to hook the program directly into my cerebral cortex. :)
JonB - D-Light user
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 4:17pm
Well, if you have an extra one around, pass it on down! :)
Basic interaction if fine, and that's all good in certain areas, I just don't hink that that has much of a point in development/bussiness/programming, and all we are doing is programming a pile of relays.

Are you saying that you'd like to be working on multiple different channels at the same time? Have an old-school LAN party and put Aurora up on the board and everyone comes up and helps sequence!? I'M IN!
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply