importing Channel lineup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 6:18pm
Pete and venesa     did you by chance figure anything out after that sequence crashed?

Something is goofy with the file.   I just imported a old 16 ch.  d-light sequence I have here at home, saved it as test 1

Opened a new sequence and imported test 1 lineup and it goes in clean. No errors in the Draw menu

My issue is that the template file I linked above, I created from scratch on aurora and its still goofy.

Only thing I can think of is the picture file is somehow affecting things.....I'll resize it to 600x800 because you said that works.

I'll try to reload my 64 ch D-light lineup on my work computer and see if I can open, save  and relink it to another new Aurora file.

I'm afraid I'm going to use my work around (of saving the file under another name, inserting the new music and then sequencing)  and I'm going to get to showtime and the file going to be goofy and not work.

Right now I'm I have like 2 minutes of very basic voice over sequence done so I can redo those easily.  

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 04 Sep 2008 at 6:19pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Tony Furst View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Tony Furst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 4:26am
Chris,
I opened and edited both with no issues other than not having your original picture file, my guess is that there is something about your picture file it doesn't like.

Tony
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 9:03am
I don't think it's the picture file at all since I have a different picture file and it's still goofy.

I really cant seem to find out the issue.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 11:53am
I readjusted the picture file and still get the issue with that template.

I'm beginning to think it may have been the original d-light sequence.....but that still does not explain my completely Aurora template did the same thing.   I uploaded some d-light seq. I had at home last night and they worked fine when I saved them in Aurora and imported into new seq. 

I'm going to build a new template in D-light and see if that works.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 12:56pm
Post it up here when you created it and I'll see if I can get the same errors
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 1:05pm
The picture may have been the cause.  The picture acted really goofy in the brightness adjuster, 100 was fine...if I dropped between 5-95, the picture changed all kind of colors from green to blues, then from like 5 and under it got dark.    Maybe that screwed up the some part of the sequence which was causing to to crash???     Since I resaved the picture, it acts normal all the way through the brightness adjust levels.  (It dims normally as you slide to the left)

Although now I reload that picture file into a new sequence and it doesn't do it...UHGGG

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 1:26pm
Let me make a $1 bet that this will come back and bite us. In the template I download it didn't have the pic that you have, therefore it loads the default picture which comes with Aurora.
With the default picture I can get Aurora to crash when drawing the lights. So my bet is that there is still a bug lurking in the code somewhere.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 2:45pm
I'm about to run around the block screaming....Confused

So I insert a completely different D-light sequence into the Aurora, draw all 64 channels on the house.     Half way through the drawing on channels, I save exit and insert into a new sequences.....worked fine.  Only thing I did after that was add 3 7 channel leaping arches which I deleted and redrew a couple times to get them to match and then went in and rearranged the channels and resaved...

Opened a new sequence and CRASH when I click on draw after it opens.

I will play around with a few things and see what happens

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 05 Sep 2008 at 2:55pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 2:53pm
There, there, I told ya, there's somthin lurking in them there code Exclamation

My guess (and purely a guess) is that something is wrong in the drawing code or channel code since that's where the crash occurs.

Edited by peteandvanessa - 05 Sep 2008 at 2:53pm
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by peteandvanessa

There, there, I told ya, there's somthin lurking in them there code Exclamation

My guess (and purely a guess) is that something is wrong in the drawing code or channel code since that's where the crash occurs.

I know......but god man, I want to sequence!!!!   LOLLOL
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>