Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Create new sequence crash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pony_God View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 10:09pm
Call, me Pony :)

Yep, MP3s here. Still somewhat in the "playing" mode. But if it works, it's just esier to copy over the MP3s from the main music directory to the audio dir.

Now, I had rebooted, opened Aurora, saw that it worked fine, the closed it out. I shut the lid on the laptop...
Hour or so later, I'm going back in to sequence more and I'm stuck at "Decompiling" again.

reboot time.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 10:57pm
Is your notebook set up to go into "sleep" mode when the screen is closed? Just asking to see if I can replicate the problem.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 11:36pm
Yep, it sure is. That's about the only thing that I havn't tried.
Ben mixing trying to replicate it while doing my first sequence.

D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 10:02am
I just can't figure out how it's I'm getting it to stop working.
I've been sequencing for an hour or so, then went and started IE, checked web-mail, and came to the forums. Sent an email reply, then went back to Aurora...
It was at 100% cpu. It's just weird.
D-Light users Unite!
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 10:36am
Now might be a good time to switch to FireFox3!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 11:12am
IE and Firefox both use close to the same amount of system resources.

Forcing "sleep" mode had no effect on Aurora. That is not to say that "Hibernate" may not cause a problem. Cannot test that here.

With IE/Firefox and Aurora running in visualizer playback mode, system useage never exceeded 70%. This is with a dual-core pentium notebook with 1GB Ram and scalable vid ram.

Edited by LightChristmas - 05 Sep 2008 at 11:17am

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 3:13pm
It deffinately has something to do with aurora waiting and not getting user input.
I've bee sequencing for another hour, then talked with my wife, with Aurora minimized for half an hour, then cheked email, then went back. I added a ramp, realised it was backwards, so I did SHIFT+R and could not close that popup.
I just can't put my finger on it though.

I'm on a Gateway Laptop, 1.7Ghz, 1G Ram, 27.7G free HDD, XP w/ SP3, ATI Mobility Raedon X600 SE.

I was sequencing, with an audio section highlit.
Audio was not playing, not paused.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 3:31pm
Odd test procedure, but bear with me here...

Start playback of your sequence and then hit play again to put Aurora into looping mode.  Let it keep on looping for a long time.  Let me know if the problem still comes up or not.

It sounds like an unusual test but I'm trying to determine if the issue is coming up during workspace backup or not (workspace backup will not happen during playback).
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 9:07pm
So, now that 1.0.32 has been out and I've ready to start another new seuence from scratch, I'm still having the exact same issue that I started this thread with... I still cannot create a new sequence.

If I import channels (and it shouldn't as how I want to import), it looks as though Aurora thinks about getting the channel data, then nothing. I'm still at the Create/Cancel/New Sequence screen.

If I do not import channels, Everything loads, but I get nothing in the waveform area, no grid, and I cannot do anything. I'd basically a null project.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12