Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:21pm
Im John Libecki,  nickname comes from work. too many of us named John.  Mr Flanigan, i too was a victim of Carsons madness. weve been lighting our home since my kids were babies. now i have grandbabies :). 07 was our first season with animated lights. 96 channels. My brother and Nephew are both afflicted with this light disorder too. my brother runs 128 channels D-Light and Nephew has about 160 channels LOR for his home and 160 LOR for a Make A Wish display hes doing this year.  
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:04pm
Hi Earl...

Chris Barr here, only Pony_God you'll ever meet, had the nickname since high school.
Tara Barr (guess who that is) will find out about you all here soon after Firefly gets here.

This is my first time touching a sequencer.

We've been decorating more and more every year, adding some each year. Well last year I got Tara a Mr. Christmas Lights and Sounds last year, not bad for what it is. Then we saw "What's up with THAT Christmas House". One of the guys was running Animated Lighting, so I started there. Then I saw the price! Ended up over with our favorite dealer... He's got some good shiznit. Of course she has no idea that I'm looking into any of this yet.

So this year I'm giving her 4 ACx16s, 1 Firefly, and a parterage in a pear tree. Well, there's a ton more to supposrt a fully computerised show (AND TONS MORE LIGHTS).

If you look at out D-Light's user's map (http://www.frappr.com/?a=mygroups&id=5346827), you can see a bit more.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 7:47pm
Hi.

My name is Earl Flanigan (aka LightChristmas)

(group says boredly) "Hi Earl...."

And, well, I've been a light addict since October of 2006. Its not really my fault though! This guy...uhhh....we'll call him Darryl....well he kind of sells me all this stuff, you know?

(group gasps in shock)

Okay, the straight story.....

Wife sees the Carson Williams video on the 'net. Seeing as how I'm an engineer, she quips the predictable "Why don't you do that?".  Oy...

So, I study the video, analyze how to do it, get Dasher, a D/A board and a bunch of SSRs. Not thrilled with it - just doesn't have the pizazz. Discover D-Light. Cheaper than LOR, so go with 32 channels of ACx8 controllers. Everything worked well until it was time to get the scheduler going - crash, crash, play awhile, crash. GRRRRR.

Then out of the Southeast a lone figure appears in the barren wastes of Spectrum. Guy goes by the handle "LightsOnLogan", and he has a scheduler that actually works with Spectrum files! Welllll, I'm impressed!! Naturally, the show was saved using the LightsOnLogan Player! Yes, we all know and love him, its none other than our esteemed Admin of this forum, and creator of Aurora! Kept telling him to start charging for it, and to try and hook up with D-Light to solve the sequencer/scheduler problems. Prophetic words?

Fast forward to April '07. Order more controllers (64ch worth), start creating sequences, and discover that Spectrum won't allow more than 48 channels! Drop a note to the Darryl and the support board about it. A month later, that problem is fixed, but now I can't set my event markers (beats) accurately because the darned thing jumps and stutters.Grrrr. Go back to earlier version that doesn't stutter, but has the channel limitation.

Jump to October '07. Get a PM from LightsOnLogan asking if I want to beta-test a sequencer he's working on. Well, the rest of the story is all here on this forum if you do a search.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12