Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmore channels added this year...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: more channels added this year...
    Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 5:15am
I added 32 more channels for a total of 64 this year but I have six or seven 32 channel songs from last year.  What's the best way to work with what I have from last year and add the new 32 channels to my lineup?
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 7:11am
Don't start over.  If your 32 from last year are going to be in the same place this year, all you need to do is add the new channels.  Copy and paste will do a lot to fill those in.

The rework comes in when you do sweeps and you add channels to them.  Ie, 6 mini trees becomes 12, and you sweep the lights across them.  I found that reworking the sequences for more channels goes pretty quickly.
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 11:23am
Right. All last year's stuff will be the same.  I've made a new "template" for the 64 channel show already (any new songs I add for this year) but I'm wondering how to get the new 32 channels into the old sequences without adding them to EACH of the old 32 channel songs...  Can we not cut and paste between the new template and the old sequences?
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 12:07pm
Ooooo..... good question! I will be in the same boat. I'll be waiting/watching for ideas on this.    
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 12:23pm

When I added more channels to my display I:

Took 1 sequence and added the additional channels to it.  Then used the 'Import Channels from File' (File|Import|Channels from file) and imported the channels.

Have done this alot this way.. If I make any change to my prieview display, change a channel color, etc.. and want the exact same info and look in all of my sequences.

Still have to add the channels individually, but once it's been done in 1 sequence you can import it into any sequence.

I use much the same method if I import someone elses sequence and try to adapt it to my display. Import, try to match display items, controllers,  and channels the way my display is configured, then import channels from one of my own sequences. Has been working well for me.

Edited by bdkeen - 04 Sep 2008 at 12:24pm
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 12:29pm
If I am understanding you -----

What I would do is with you spectrum software open one of last years Seq. then just "Append" 2 more AC-16's to the end. Don't do any of the programming to the new channels just add them then save it.

Import the newly saved Seq and convert to Aurora. This is kinda like creating a new template but atleast you get to work with the old 32 and use the new 32 at the bottom.

This is how I was planning to do it this year too, so if there's another way I am all years

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 12:30pm
When you import channels, they just add to what you already have in a sequence? or over-write channels?

Sorry for all of the questions. I could probably figure it out for myself..... but why do that when someone else already has!!
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Slinkard

If I am understanding you -----

What I would do is with you spectrum software open one of last years Seq. then just "Append" 2 more AC-16's to the end. Don't do any of the programming to the new channels just add them then save it.

Import the newly saved Seq and convert to Aurora. This is kinda like creating a new template but atleast you get to work with the old 32 and use the new 32 at the bottom.

This is how I was planning to do it this year too, so if there's another way I am all years

Slink

I agree this works for any one sequence, but I would rather not do this for each and every one of them. I am going from 16 to 128 channels. It could take a while to append each sequence with the new channels.

Carey
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 12:51pm
They'll over write the channel color, channel description, the display picture, and the items you have drawn on the display picture the way you've set then in the 'template file'. 
Does NOT over-write any of the events. Will add the channels that you want to add as they were defined in the 'template file'

DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 1:10pm
That is good news! Thanks for the info.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>