Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmore channels added this year...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:16pm

Workarounds... kinda reminds me of Spectrum. lol  This would be alot simpler if we could cut and paste between sequences.

Edited by TheQueb - 04 Sep 2008 at 10:35pm
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 9:39am
ok heres a question... This year I'm making a 14 minute show, last year was my first year so I only had a one song 4 min show.  That same song is going to be in this years show. Is there a way to "copy & paste" that show into this years show? thanks
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 10:15am
Of course! Just import the sequence to Aurora, save it, and add to the Scheduler.

Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 11:03am
Let me take this one step further:

It sounds like you want to use a continues sequence??? meaning 1 sequence that consist of 4 or 5 songs to make one big sequence?? I might be off base but that is what I am assuming.

I would break that into 5 seperate songs then just add those 5 songs to your scheduler. maybe an intro announcement and then a thank you at the end (intro and outro have their own places in the scheduler)

I am prolly off base but that is how I understood you.

Slink

Edited by Slinkard - 05 Sep 2008 at 11:12am

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by bdkeen

They'll over write the channel color, channel description, the display picture, and the items you have drawn on the display picture the way you've set then in the 'template file'. 
Does NOT over-write any of the events. Will add the channels that you want to add as they were defined in the 'template file'

I just imported my first (original 32 ch) d-light sequence.  It imported fine.  Then I tried to import my new 64 channel Aurora template.  The only thing that stayed from the original 32ch imported sequence was the song.  Events were deleted and channels and their colors were all overwritten by the new 64ch Aurora template.

Looking for a better way...
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 5:00pm
FYI: The channels are keyed by their Network, Device, and Channel settings, not their position within the grid (which is arbitrary).  If those settings are edited between the original and the template then the template will not overlay properly.

Maybe someone less technical than I am can translate this into English for me.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 05 Sep 2008 at 5:01pm
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 6:05pm
LOL on the less technical... I did have my original 32ch sequences set as devices 8 and 2 and my new template devices are 1, 3, 5, and 7.  Should I change the 1 and 3 to 8 and 2?
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 6:16pm

They should be set logically:

AC2 (if you named the first AC16 as ID2)
Channel 1,2,3,4,5 etc upto 16

Then AC3 (if you have a second AC16 as ID 3)
Channel 1,2,3,4,5 etc upto etc)

Irrespective of where you move the channels in the sequencer it will still have the same AC16 IC and channel ID :-)
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 8:41pm
Oops... mis-spoke.. When I said "device", I meant controller ID...  I have 4 acx16's now. I had 2 last year and their IDs were 8 and 2.  Now I have the 4 controller numbered 1, 3, 5 and 7.
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 9:00pm
Use the Bulk Channel Editor to make your changes. This way you can see everything.

The editor can be invoked by right clicking on any channel tab and selecting Bulk Channel Editor.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>