Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmore channels added this year...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 9:42pm
And - for D-Light controllers - don't leave any of the controllers as ID #2. Since that is the default ID number, all new boards and any boards (ACx8, ACx16, DCx16 and FireFly) that get reset or get firmware upgrades go back to #2. If you have a working #2 in the loop, you will get conflicts. 
JonB - D-Light user
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 5:47pm
Here's what I figured out about adding more channels.  I made a 64 channel template with the channel colors, the house picture, drawings on the picture, basically everything but intervals and commands.  I'm changing my controller IDs this year for no good reason.  The controllers will be numbered 1, 3, 5 and 7. (Last year my two controllers were numbered 8 and 2 so all my d-light sequences from last year need to be re-numbered for the controller ID changes.)  I saved this work as "default-template.dls" then closed this file.  I imported my d-light sequences one at a time and did the following: right click on any of the channel names on the left and click the bulk channel editor.  Here I easily and quickly changed the controller IDs to match the IDs in my new "default-template.dls" sequence.  I changed the controller channels from 8's to 1's, and the 2's to 3's.  I then hit Edit/Import/Import channels from file and navigated to the "default-template.dls" file and imported it.  In doing this, it overwrote channel names, (The new names are better to understand, mine from last year were like "C8-channel1" etc) and it brought in my new picture and the drawing on it.  I then saved this sequence as an Aurora sequence. 

Whew...  I'm sure what I typed dosen't make near as much sense as what I meant. lol but it was alot simpler than i thought it was going to be
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
polarass07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 9:59pm
can you set up another 16 channels with out having the controller hooked up and labeled?
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 7:54am
You can put in a lot more than 16 channels when you don't even own the controllers yet. The sequence will even play without error, it will just be up to you to get the right controller and ID numbers matched up during light installation.
JonB - D-Light user
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 7:56am
Originally posted by polarass07

can you set up another 16 channels with out having the controller hooked up and labeled?

I did with no problems..  Knowing I was going to add 32 more channels and what I planned to use them for I added them to my sequences before finishing construction of the controller kits. Don't have to have the controllers attached to sequence.

But you do need to give each channel a unique name, device, and channel number.

Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 8:07pm
ive got one song about done sequenced using the aurora and now want to add another 16 channels but not sure how to add  them all at once.  Figured it out on spectrum but now im stumped.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 8:37pm
got it! but now i cant watch my show on the visualizer, says i need more virtual memory. What that mean?
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 8:59pm
Virtual memory messages are caused by your computer running low on available RAM. In WinXP, it is very rare to see that if you have 1GB of main memory. If you only have 512MB, it can happen frequently. When Windows runs low on RAM, it frees up memory by writing unused info to the hard drive (virtual memory).

Two solutions - add more RAM, 1GB minimum, 2GB is much better. With Vista, I'd say 2GB min, 4GB is better.

Second, I always like to adjust the virtual memory to a fixed amount instead of variable. Rule of thumb is that Virtual Memory should be equal or up to twice as large as your installed RAM. It will use a little extra hard drive space but it improves speed and stops Virtual Memory errors.

There are lots of online tutorials with pictures about how to adjust Virtual Memory.
JonB - D-Light user
Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 10:31pm
i didnt have any problems until i added the second controller. And i havent programed anything on that controller yet either. I have another song that i havent put the second controller on yet and it still shows the lights working in the visualizer. so something goofy happened when i added those channels.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 10:32pm
and i added another 512 ram and no change.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>