Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmore channels added this year...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 5:44pm
between this post and the other one, could you describe how you added the new controller? In Aurora? In Spectrum? How in each if you did it in both.

As you may guess, you should NOT be having this problem.
JonB - D-Light user
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 6:07pm
you have to add individual channels in Aurora.  You just set 16 channels to the same device ID to make up a controller.

Spectrum you pull a AC-16 into the controller area and label it.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
polarass07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 9:16pm
I added the controller on spectrum from the drop down to a christmas song. Then i imported that song to Aurora, next i use that as a template for the song i had almost completed .The visualizer worked before i added the second controller to my halloween song. Both set on Network 1  and the first controller is ID 3  the second is ID 5. The first 16 channels are all named with my light display functions and the second 16 channels are numbered  Track# 17-32. I went back and deleted #17-32 and it still wont visualize.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 2:35pm
Les, could you list the parameters you put into the channels? Not all of them, perhaps, but a few. Things like which controller (LOR Generic, D-Light xxxx, etc...) in the channel properties. Network, Controller ID, Channel, Color. The whole panel. And include your Network settings from the preferences.

Oh, yes - and how do you have the Aurora Virtual memory settings configured? and how do you have the Graphics set in preferences? (Direct Show, etc....). These all make a difference.
JonB - D-Light user
Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 8:15pm
D-Light AC 16  1.13+firmware

Device name- 1skulls

Network segment-  1

Device Id-  3

Channel- 1

Color-  white

The rest of the channels 2-16 have the same network and device id, few channels have the same color and the are numbered in order 2-16.

For the second controller

D-Light AC16 1.13+firmware

Device named track#17- track#32.

Network segment 1

Device ID- 5

Channels are  1-16

Colors are red,blue,red,blue  all the way to track #32

Aurora virtual  memory settings?  Not sure how to find that.

Same thing about the Graphics setting in the preferences. We were just running the sequencer. 

Tonight i put what lil bit of show i got out to the controller and when the song ended all my lights came on and are steady on.  Not sure whats going on there either. So i opened the hardware utility and shut then off that way but somethings not right.

Thanks for the info, Les
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 8:32pm

I don't see anything in your channel setting that look crazy.

The Virtual Memory and Graphics settings are under the Settings drop down.

Graphics mode is at the bottom of the Playback Configuration menu. Your choices are MSDXM or DirectShow. If you are using XP, you should try both to see if one is better than the other. If you are using Vista, you must leave it on DirectShow. 

Memory has its own menu at the bottom. Three choices. Try each of them to see if your Virtual Memory problem goes away.

JonB - D-Light user
Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 8:44pm
I tried both graphics and all three memory settings and still no show on the visualizer.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 8:53pm

But what about a Virtual Memory crash? Has that stopped? Hopefully???

What about if you just use the "default" picture? (delete the entry for your house's picture in the File Properties menu? The default.jpg file is in the "Aurora Sequencer" folder. Try using it. If it works using the default.jpg from Aurora, then perhaps try replacing their file (by renaming it, not deleting it) with your renamed JPG.

JonB - D-Light user
Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 9:56pm
OK so i reimported channel files from another song which deleted the second controller, so im back to 16 original channels and my visualizer is working again. Now i need to add my other 16 channels some how other than going through spectrum. Any suggestions?  

And still cant get my lights to shut off outside with out using the hardware utility.  What causes that?
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 5:17am

That sounds like progress though not victory. 

Your second controller is an ACx16 with an ID of 5, correct? Is that verified by doing a HWUtil Discover? 

When I play a sequence in the sequencer, my controller LED is flashing up to the moment it starts, then resumes flashing when the sequence ends. Is yours doing the same? The sequencer "releases" the board when it isn't playing so that you can run the HWUtil from the top menu choice. Very convenient.

If you are running your show using the Scheduler, and that is when your lights are staying on, then do you have something in the "Run Once" box at the bottom?

Can you create a brand new sequence, import your working 16 channels, put in just a minimal amount of intervals and On/Offs and see if that does it also? Don't put anything near the end, though.

JonB - D-Light user
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>