Aurora installed, but crashes when opening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 10:32pm
Going to go waaay out on a limb here, but is there a possibility that your mouse is using the same com port as Aurora and or the scheduler? In Aurora Sequencer, change the com port to some high number (like 5) and see what happens.

autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 10:46pm
i am  having problems when  program open when i start a new sequence it loads then just exits program.. is there a quick fix for this??? thanks tim

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 4:42pm
I haven't set any COM ports up yet in Aurora.  Would they be the same as they were for Spectrum?  In my case, COM4 was the USB485, and COM 5 was wiLink.  Without hooking anything up I tried to add a new "network" for COM 5, but I got a 340 error and the program exited.  When I get a chance I'll drag the controllers and out plug them in to see if that makes a difference.  As of now, I do not have any "network" set up.  So instead I unplugged the mouse completely and used the touch pad.  I had the same error message scheduler always shows me, and the program shut down.  Back to square one.
~Jonathan
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 8:08pm

EUREKA!!!!

The only way that I could generate an EC 340 was to leave the Network entry blank!

You need to complete both items in the Serial Network Config box. Network Number should be set to Net1 and the COM port set to 4.

As an analogy, when we were running Spectrum, it was essentially Network 1, even though we had no extra choices. Under Aurora, we can have MANY networks as defined by the controller configuration. This way you could have the RS485 dongle controlling lights in your yard on Network1 and controlling another set of controllers via WiLink on Network2; or any of an almost infinte number pf combinations.

Edited by LightChristmas - 08 Sep 2008 at 8:14pm

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 9:10pm
Ok, so now I have two "networks".  One for the USB485 (COM 4) and one for wiLink (COM 5).  No 340 error message in sequencer...

...but...

...wait for it...

...Scheduler STILL won't open!  Ouch  Exact same error as before. 
(http://picasaweb.google.com/JDalquist/Misc?authkey=liRAJMnmwA8#5243340308749911074)

~Jonathan
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 9:18pm
Tease!

Am going to have the pass the buck on to Michael on this one. Sorry.

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 10:43pm
Thanks for trying.  For the most part the critical issues are resolved (at least enough so I can start to sequence around them).  But I must say that I do have a track record when it comes to the Scheduler applications in that  I have never gotten either one to run properly.  Spectrum's Scheduler loaded but didn't work, and Aurora's Scheduler works but won't load! 

If the images in my links won't load, I can try to type them out if it helps.  Anyone else have any ideas on how to get scheduler to open without crashing?
~Jonathan
autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 1:16am
Im still trying to figure out whats up with sequencer, when i try to open it and import files or even start a new sequence  it says importing sequence and reading devises it picks up all 96 chanels then goes to loading audio video/files bookmarking it just shuts down to desktop . any help would be great..

thanks tim

JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 5:44am
Tim, at the very least you need to describe your computer system. XP or Vista? Memory, hard drive space, video card, etc..   What sound file type - MP3, WAV, WMA, etc..

Edited by JonB256 - 09 Sep 2008 at 5:46am
JonB - D-Light user
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 8:12am
off subject, but it was brought up...
"Networks"
There are 32 network options, so does that mean that in therory I could have 250 ACx16s on each network/com-port? Of could I'd need 32 RS485 adapters.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>