Aurora installed, but crashes when opening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 8:26am
Yes.Wink

autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 9:47am
hey jon,
 i think i got what ya asked for im running xp home, i have a hp computer intel pentium 4 3.06ghz 1.49 gb ram, 180 gig hd and under display adapter it says intel 829156/cv/910gl express chipset family. as far as audio files it does it on mp3 or wave files. thanks cant wait to start programing..

tim.. 

JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 10:45am

See the Intel Support page at http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/ 

If you haven't updated your graphics drivers lately, you probably should. There were "issues" :) with the early drivers.

Unless your computer has had another video card added, your motherboard shares memory between the CPU and the Graphics. To change the amount, you need to make a change in the computer's BIOS at boot-up. If you are only using 8MB for video, then Aurora could be running out of memory. You might try bumping the Graphics memory amount up to at least 64MB in the BIOS and try again.

Good Luck.   JonB

Edited by JonB256 - 09 Sep 2008 at 10:52am
JonB - D-Light user
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by LightChristmas

Yes.Wink
Now, I could have only spent so muchwith one network, now you just allowed me to spend thirty two times the money! Although that's just far too cool.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 12:26am
hello again, i installed latest drivers and set bios to 64mb, but program still shuts down after it detects channels, any more ideas?????

thanks tim

JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 9:10am
Tim, what hardware are you controlling? D-Light ACx16? LOR PC board? and are you using a USB-485 adapter? Is it connected and is the correct COM port entered in the Neetwork settings?

Let's assume your computer isn't the problem for now and look closely at the added hardware for your light controllers.

JonB
JonB - D-Light user
autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 10:05am

Jon i am using 6 ac16 controllers and the usb-485 adapter. as far as being connected i havent hooked anything up yet, could that be the problem? when i first click on sequencer program a start up box opens, and in the back ground looks like the program the only thing it will let me click on is in the welcome / startup options box my options there are other locations, start new file or import file and there are 2 songs in the box. when i click on import it sees one song i was working on in spectrum sequencer once i click that it opens another box that saysimporting seguence and in that it says dertiming number of channels and then starts reading devices and scans thru all the channels.then another  box opens and says loading audio/video media files and bookmarking then just closes with nothing else. now while it is loading before it closes i can click in the back ground on like file,edit view,settings, help and open these and it stops the loading process and i can look at network settings at first i didnt have any set there, but i read thru some post and it said to set it to network 1 comm 4 and thats where its at. thats pretty much everything there.

thanks tim 

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 11:18pm
COM 4 is what my computer assigned to the USB485, and it will be different on every system.  Go to the D-Light Hardware Utility and hit connect.  That will tell you the COM port # your computer assigned to it.  Then create a "network" using that #.
~Jonathan
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 7:01pm
All's quiet on my Scheduler bug front (no doubt they are hard at work developing a solution as I type this), so I thought I'd update the developers (that's you LightsOnLoganWink)  on what I've learned thus far about the bug.

As I have reported, every time I open Borealis, it immediately closes.  Some further testing has shown that this isn't actually a true statement.  If I move the mouse around in the calender area, it will activate the error and shut down.  BUT, if I hover around the EDGE of the screen (near the start and stop options or the menu bar) it won't error out and close.  I have been able to set up a show, but it gives me a COM port error when running it even though the USB485 is plugged in and the network set... haven't tried the wiLink desk unit yet.  But the main point is that everytime I mouseover the calender itself the program dies.  Dead

My images of the error don't seem to be loading, so here is the text contained within the error box:

Debugging Information: 
5:  Invalid procedure call or argument
Aurora.Scheduler.CalenderMouse.0
Aurora.Scheduler.CalenderMouse.2.2 Col 3Row 0Item 0Bound 0Data
(Note:  The Row and Item sometimes have different numbers depending on the placement of the mouse at the time of the error, e.g. 6Row 4Item, but everything else is the same.) 
~Jonathan
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 10:00pm
UPDATE:  Hooked up an ACx16 and scheduled a show from the menu bar, being careful not to mouseover the calender.  For the first time in history, a momentous occasion that will be recorded in the ancient tomes, a scheduler actually "worked" for me and played the show correctly.  Of course as soon as I moved the mouse I got an error, the lights shut off (but the music kept going) and when I hit ok, everything stopped. 

Another note that I'll mention here rather than start a new thread is that in the sequencer, I cannot send out commands.  I click the light bulb, and it seems to be going ok (no errors), but nothing actually happens.  No blinky lights.  Network is set up fine.
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>