Draw preview object error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Online Status: Offline
  Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draw preview object error
    Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 10:29pm
We addresses this problem under another thread and I had told you that I had gotten around it. I have'nt tried to import channels until now and I'm still getting this error.

Debugging info:
5: Invalid procedure call or argument
    Draw preview object
This happens when I  have created a sequence and I want to start another. I enter the title ect.. and then Aurora asks me if I want to import channels from another file which I do and it goes through all the loading and opens. It will let me play the file but when I hit the draw button or right click to draw lights it gives me the error and shuts down
Jeff

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 10:46pm

"knock on wood" hopefully the cause was figured ou the end of last week.  I would assume you have a leaping arches in your display.  That is what seems to be causing it.

I was having the same issue and was trying to figure it out.  I drew all my lights except the arches, saved and imported it and it worked fine.  Once I drew the arches and tried to import it crashed. I erased the arches and retired it and it imported fine.

Mike said they would try to get to the arch bug sometime early this week.  I'm not sure if they have the Vista issue solved or not.

P.S.   temporary work around it just to draw your arches with regular lights, that way you can sequence until they get it fixed.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 07 Sep 2008 at 10:47pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 10:47pm
Embarrassed  sorry I wasted forum space I just ran across the explanation for my problem. This forum has gotten a lot busier.I read where you are working on the problem so I will just delete the arches before I import the channels until you get a fix. thanks
Jeff

breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 10:50pm
Thank You chris I had this problem about a month ago and I have'nt imported channels since then but I thought maybe 1.0 would not have the problem but it does,
  I have 2 arches with 7 channels each.
I plan on creating a template with out the arches and draw them after I have saved it with picture and music.
Jeff

breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 10:57pm
you were right chris, deleted the arches and saved then used for channell import and had no errors. Thanks again
Jeff

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 11:13pm

no problem.....I'm just glad we can work around the bug and sequence, I dont know about you, but I'm a little behind with my sequencing.  Big%20smile

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply