Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

After moving everything lights don't work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
garrisonl View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote garrisonl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 9:12am

Ok, decided to just change the controller to 4 and just get away from 1 or 2.  What are my setting configurations supposed to say?  It says network 1 com 3.  The general configuration has 4 in unit id and 4 in the network address.  When I try to add network 4 and com 3 it gives me a runtime error and goes back to network 1 com 3.  Not quit getting this I don't guess.  It works fine on this one no matter where I set it, but not the other computer.

Mark & Lisa Garrison
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 11:21am
1. Connect controller to RS4885 adapter using known good cable, and connect adapter to computer using known good USB cable.

2. Open D-Light HWU.

3.Select a valid COM port

4.Click CONNECT

5. In the ACTIVE UNIT area make certain the "All" box is checked.

6. Click the GENERAL CONFIG tab. Enter the Controller ID number you desire, and click SET. You will be asked a "do you want to do this". Answer yes.

7. Click the DISCOVER tab. And then click on the other Discover tab. It should now display the controller you have hooked hooked up along with the ID number you assigned along with the firmware revision number.

Unplug AC from controller for a few moments and plug back in. You may have to click the CONNECT icon again. Perform the DISCOVER option again to assure the new Unit ID is still there.

8. With a few strings of lights plugged into the controller, click either the 8 CHANNEL TEST or 16 CHANNEL test depending on your controller type. Click on the ALL ON icon, all lights should light.  WRITE DOWN the Unit ID and Com Port settings used with the HWU.

9. Close the D-Light HWU. Leave controller connected to computer.

10. Open Aurora and load a sequence.

11. Click the SETTINGS tab. Click SERIAL NETWORK CONFIGURATION. The Network should be 1 and the COM Port should be what you had written down as the COM port used with the HWU. If not, change it by clicking DELETE NETWORK, then clicking ADD NEW NETWORK.

12. Your sequence. Click a channel to display the properties of that channel. NETWORK SEGMENT should be set at 1 for all channels present in the sequence, and the same for the DEVICE ID since you stated you only have one controller(should be set to whatever ID you assigned the controller via the HWU). If not, change it.

Edited by LightChristmas - 21 Sep 2008 at 11:23am

garrisonl View Drop Down

Quote garrisonl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 6:12am
To all the Mikes and Jons.  Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!Smile  It was the channel setting.  I moved the sequences from this computer to the other.  It is a little difference.  I have a lot fixing to do, but I'm up and running.  Maybe I can get some work down now.Clap  Hey guys, I've had to number you so I know which Mike or Jon I'm talking to.  Either way you are all great!!!!!
Mark & Lisa Garrison
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 8:05am
Originally posted by garrisonl

Ok got this computer up and running.  Now not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Does the Dlight hardware utility have to be running?  It discovers the controller, have everything set to 1 and com3 was assigned to the controller.  Test lights work fine, but no lights when i send it to the controller.  If I close the hardware utility, I have to reenter everything.  Any ideas guys?Confused

Make sure your HW is not connected to the controller or you wont get anything.  I found this out last season.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
garrisonl View Drop Down

Quote garrisonl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 9:23am
Yeah!!!!!!!!!Clap Hey everyone, I have my show running!!!SmileSmileClap
Mark & Lisa Garrison
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 5:36pm
Glad to hear you got it working.  Nothing is worse then when the lights don't come on or work like they are suppose to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123