Scheduler Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheduler Questions
    Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 4:06pm
Ok, couple quick questions on the scheduler. If you shut off your computer and restart it the next day, will the scheduler start up on its own when its show time?  or do you have to open it up?

If you have 2 shows back to back. What happens if the first show runs over into the second show?    I think I read it plays the song till the end if it falls on over the end time.

One wishlist Item for the scheduler....be able to minimize it...if this isn't already on the list.

But knock on wood, I just tested it with a few sequences and no bugs, although I dont have any controller hooked up to the computer though.

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 12:53pm

1. You will need to reopen the scheduler after a reboot.

2. The first show will finish the current song at the end time and then will play the close sequence for that show (if one is specified) and will return to the scheduler job queue which will see the next show and start the next show right away.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 2:09pm
You could put a Scheduler shortcut in the Startup folder or create a Scheduled Task in Control Panel to start the scheduler one hour before showtime.

(that won't help you with the "Start" button that still needs to be clicked)

Edited by JonB256 - 10 Sep 2008 at 2:22pm
JonB - D-Light user
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 2:23pm
The problem, even though you have it in the startup folder, is that you still need a way of clicking that START button to enable the scheduler.Embarrassed

kennyz06 View Drop Down

Quote kennyz06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 3:00pm
Download this program... you can script it to click your scheduler icon, then click start.... it's free.  http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by kennyz06

Download this program... you can script it to click your scheduler icon, then click start.... it's free.  http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

That looks interesting, I'll have to download that at home and try it out.

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
kennyz06 View Drop Down

Quote kennyz06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 3:21pm
It works so well for this sort of thing... the City of Plano Texas School District uses it to image all 30,000 of it's pcs.  It runs driver setups and stuff durring the imaging... (I'm a network engineer)
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 3:42pm
so will it start up the program at a certain time as well as virtually push the start key?  Or do I still need to still put Scheduler in the start-up folder?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 4:51pm
He beat me to the point! yes basically create a script to run at start up to open scheduler and hit the start button! bam you are done!

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 5:05pm
So playing dumb here for a minute......

So basically I hit "record" on the program and it saves what I do with my mouse until I tell it to stop recording.  

Man, if thats the case, that would be great to prank someone on their computer..  Evil%20Smile
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>