Long Audio - Aurora Disappears

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Audio - Aurora Disappears
    Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 11:56am
Decided to try sequencing Disney's Believe in Holiday Magic (full length version) which shows in Media player to be 13:29 in length. Aurora makes the attempt to import the audio and has even gone as far as creating the file within the cache directory. But Poof! and Aurora simply disappears from the screen  not long after the 'gas gauge' shows the audio is almost fully complete.

Using Roxio sound editor I've tried shortening the audio length several times.  6:45 loads, 9:15 doesn't and results in the Poof - Gone. Obvious conclusion for me is there's a limit that I muust be exceeding (saw this in some other thread I think but thought it was longer than 9 minutes 15 seconds)

No errors, no indications that anything has gone astray. Will play around and see if I can find the cut off point between the 6:45 that loads and the 9:15 that causes Poof.

Update - 7:15 doesn't work 6:47 works.

Edited by bdkeen - 10 Sep 2008 at 12:36pm
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 1:28pm

The present hard limit should be 33:20.

What file format is the song in?
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 1:52pm
Also, use Media Player to rip a new track from your CD and have MP save it in WAV format. Don't try editing anything yet. Just see if it will load.

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 2:03pm
I've tried .mp3, .wma, and .wav formats.. 16-bit 44.1kHz stereo.

On the remix of 6:47 in length (.mp3, .wma, or .wav - all work) I'm able to create a new sequence and load the audio file and begin to sequence.

But - it too chrashed at one point during the sequencing and the log file indicates:
Aurora Error Encountered at 9/10/2008 2:15:06 PM
Debugging Information:
70: Permission denied
Get Times  
LightsOnLoganSequencer

Aurora Error Encountered at 9/10/2008 2:15:09 PM
Debugging Information:
28: Out of stack space
Initialize Mouse Pointers  
LightsOnLoganSequencer
I saw this permissions denied on at least 2 other occassions but don't recall anything particular that I was doing - attributed it to me doing something stupid perhaps..  I can't seem to regularly reproduce the Permission denied error. In the last instance I was sequencing and previewing - happened when trying to preview. I believe it may have just started generating the preview frames (but I could be mistaken)

I've got my christmas show completed - and a few extra sequences in case I want to split into 2 shows, so for me this is no real problem..  Just wanted to try sequencing something long. Let me know if you'd like, for testing, the original 13:something audio file where I originally ran into failure and I'll email it to you. 
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 2:20pm
LightsChristmas
Can't rip - No CD - just the .mp3 that caused the problem. Seems to work ok in everything else Media Player, All the Roxio 10 audio applications, etc...- although I never used it - even loaded into Spectrum ok.

Be nice if there was some sort of warning that there's a problem - not just Poof and the application is gone with no sort of indication it ran..  No trace of it having run other than the look of amazement on my face because it diisappeared right in front of my eyes. 

autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 2:40pm
do i need to have  u485 adapter hooked up for sequencer to open

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by autotime

do i need to have  u485 adapter hooked up for sequencer to open

I don't and the sequencer and the scheduler open just fine for me. Of course I can't test anything to the controllers without it, but I've done all my sequencing without the 485 adapter plugged into the computer. Everything works fine for me when I plug it in to do my testing.
autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 2:54pm
im still in the trying to open sequencer phase got a little farther but still closes after it detects channels. have you heard of this?

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 4:13pm
Maybe not the exact same, but since I don't have the original CD - I burned the audio to a CD, insured it plays in multiple cd players around the house, Then re-ripped, both .wma and ripped again in .wav..  Neither of these work - Aurora spends an extremely long time - to the tune of 10 + minutes and Poof - disappears with no trace of execution. Both the .wma and .wav re-ripped play fine in all other  audio apps installed that support them.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 4:28pm
Is it possible that Aurora is mistakenly timing out as an "unregistered version?" 

Have you (bdkeen or autotime) entered your registration key in this version or any previous version?
JonB - D-Light user
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>