Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Long Audio - Aurora Disappears

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
autotime View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 4:35pm

i did enter it last week in one of them 1.0 or 1.0b not sure which but deleted program so many times and tried alot of stuff.

thanks tim

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by JonB256

Is it possible that Aurora is mistakenly timing out as an "unregistered version?" 

Have you (bdkeen or autotime) entered your registration key in this version or any previous version?

Yes - Been using this since 0.2.0 - I am not in demo mode.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by autotime

im still in the trying to open sequencer phase got a little farther but still closes after it detects channels. have you heard of this?

A little off topic from the problem I am experiencing with long duration audio file
But are you importing a Spectrum file? If importing can you start a new sequence using the audio track and do anything? Once apon a time I did have some difficulty with only certain audio files but have been really stable since version 0.3.0.

Far as I know - I'm only having a problem with this one particular 13 minute + audio file.  I would much perfer to sequence shorter audio tracks so I can mix them up in most any fashion for a show rather than trying to do 13+ minutes in one sequence and will probably opt to split up my culprit audio file since I know that shorter duration segments seem to work ok.

If you are importing and might wish try opening an existing Aurora (.dls) file? I'm sharing my 2008 sequences and  have 19 or so you can download on my website if you want to try - you'll need the corresponding audio (listed on website).

I've had good luck with all import file formats (Spectrum, LOR1, and LOR2) some of my sequences started life as these formats.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 5:26pm
I knew I had this up on the server somewhere and had to go searching for it...

Warning: Very large file download!!!  This is a 10 minute test tone reference file which works in the lab.  Let me know if it works on your PC or not. 
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 6:32pm
Test Tone Test fails for me. Same sort of results. 
  • Appears to be loading
  • Runs ~10 minutes appearing to load (gas gauge increases ever so slowly)
  • Created a 83,883 KB .wav file inside the cache folder (played it and yes it's the test tone)
  • Poof - Aurora simply disappears from the screen
  • No error dialog box
  • Nothing in the aurora.log file indicating any sort of problem.
Thought it was strange the difference in size between original testtone.wav and the .wav created in the cache folder so checked in media player and the original .wav downloaded indicates 10:00 in Media Player - .wav cache file created only shows 8:07

Tried it 2 more times, same results except each subsequent run the .wav file created in the cache folder got a little smaller.

Edited by bdkeen - 10 Sep 2008 at 7:18pm
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 1:43pm
I know that the actual file size limit is over 1GB for FAT32, but could your hard drive be formatted as FAT32 instead of NTFS? Does it desperately need defragmentation? Is there anything else non-standard about your hard drives that might be interrupting the data? Have you tried turning off Anti-Virus or any other active program like Microsoft Office's FindFast or Google indexing?
JonB - D-Light user
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by JonB256

I know that the actual file size limit is over 1GB for FAT32, but could your hard drive be formatted as FAT32 instead of NTFS? Does it desperately need defragmentation? Is there anything else non-standard about your hard drives that might be interrupting the data? Have you tried turning off Anti-Virus or any other active program like Microsoft Office's FindFast or Google indexing?

No I'm not going to reformat to FAT32.. I'm building another workstation to test with now - there's too many other things I use my computer for and rebuilding is out of the question.

Don't use FastFind or Google..  Antivirus did cross my mind but I sort of doubt this to be the cause.

Fragmentation is not the problem.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 7:10pm
I think I've proven that there's something strange going on in my PC..  I just built a Windows 2003 R2 server and installed 1.0b. By passed the test tome and went right for the 13:49 min audio file that gives me problems on my pc.

Worked like a champ! This being said I'll withdraw my problem as a possible bug..  I'm not at all convinced it's Aurora.

It's pretty wild doing it through a Remote Desktop (RDP) connection..  I can vouch that Windows 2003 R2 works, Aurora installs and works via RDP.

On a side note I attempted an installation on Windows 2008 - Failure with VideoEdit.ocx not registering, can't manually register it either.. But then I fully expected a possible problem because I was trying to install on a non supported OS.. But in the event anyone ever asks the question - It doesn't install properly, nor work on the Windows 2008 OS.

Now I'll trouble shoot my workstation - something 'quirky' happening there.

Thanks

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 7:48pm
2008 is 64bit only, isn't it? That could be the problem.
I haven't installed it anywhere yet...
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 8:33pm
BINGO! I found the problem!

There's apparently a conflist of sorts with Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite.

I deinstalled all the stuff I really don't use. About the only thing left was the Roxio.  While trying to create a new sequence using the test tone I went into Task manager and started to terminate the process I recognized are associated with the Roxio suite..  All of a sudden the Audio import took off like a rocket!

Since I had already created on a different workstation a sequence for the 13:45 minute audio file tht originally gave me problems I tried loading it.  Since it had never been cached the spectograph processes took a little time but it loaded with no problems.

Now I just need to figure out how to handle the Roxio stuff - The lights are more important Wacko

In conclusion it's not really a problem with Aurora, but there appears to be some compatability issue when installed along with Roxio 10..  They don't play well together.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12