Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

help with scheduler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with scheduler
    Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 3:34am
after getting over the install problems with with error codes l am now faced with more issues  after deciding to have a play with schedular. The program doesn't do anything after it loads up.  l see a calender in front of me, l go file/ new schedule and see day of week settings stop and start times etc, when l input the times in, the dates, files to be played and so on , i then hit the bottom add button,  click on start scheddular and thats it, nothing else happens, nothing appears in the calender and nothing plays, what am l doing wrong ?. At this point l am not connected to any controller but have set up the comm ports in the past. any one got any ideas or am l just having a blond moment and doing  or not doing something  stupid.

bigvic
RandyA View Drop Down

Quote RandyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 8:48am
BigVic,

I just tried the scheduler and captures the steps that I did. I will try to attach some images.

and here is what showed up & ran.

Hope this helps you out.

Randy
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 11:41am

Just wanted to jump in here and do a little explanation on some scheduler items. prolly not the right place but these are some cool functions that I found last year.

When you have your scheduled show completed and started, at the scheduled time (Say 6pm) if you have something in the top Run once field it will kick off the show. Once it completes the scheduler then continues in to the loop field. These sequences will play in a loop back mode until the end time is met.

So if your loop song starts at 10:59 and you want your show to end at 11pm that song will continue to play until it completes. so say you had a 4 minute song the loop will play until 11:03. Next it moves to the bottom Run Once field and starts that sequence.

So the net net here is even though you have your show scheduled to end at 11pm it wont just terminate at 11pm! it will wrap up the show at that time!

Also things that old spectrum users are going to love!!!!! There is a at most 3 second delay in between songs! thats right no killer ramp up on your RAM either and the songs just run perfectly.

Last year I left for 5 days to northern CA. I had just set up Aurora, and scheduled a show. I locked my computer and took off to norcal. I got back at around 8:30pm I turned my radio to 96.1 at the buttom of the hill and to my pure shock and amazement it was playing!!! Even better when i got with in line of sight to my display, the lights were still working! OMG you couldn't have done that with Spectrum no way no how.

I have been completely happy with them since the day one

Slink 

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 12:03pm
Just a bit of history here.

Michael saved our collective bacon the first year Spectrum came out by cobbling up a scheduler that worked. Have used the LightsOnLogan Player every season until Aurora came out.

bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 3:08am
thanks for your replies, but l have done exactly what randy did and still no go, nothing just happens and l do not get anything appearing in the calender. I get the same results on 3 computers. heeeeeeeeeeelp

bigvic
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 7:34am
CAN anyone tell me were l can get an earlier version of schedular seeing asd my current version does not work

bigvic
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 8:12am
Bigvic, when you create a schedule item by clicking on a calendar square, are you changing the date at the top? I noticed that, just because I clicked on September 8, 2008, it didn't automatically create an entry for September 8, 2008. Perhaps it is saving your entry on a calendar page that isn't visible? (say, October 9, 2007). Since you are on the wrong side of the equator LOL, anything is possible.

Another thought - and perhaps the Aurora programmers can answer this one - you may not have the correct font installed to display on the calendar. If they were very specific in their program about font name and not just font family, it could appear blank.

Edited by JonB256 - 17 Sep 2008 at 8:15am
JonB - D-Light user
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 5:15am
jon
l have had some progress with schedular , l put in to start a sequence on dec 1 to dec 31 and got an input on the calender for dec 12 ,28, 29, 30 and 31st and also jan 12 feb 12th and march 6th, any ideas on this one, because l am just about to go back to spectrum, at least their stuff worked .

bigvic 
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 5:43am

bigvic, those details don't really help me, but it should mean something to the programmers. 

What format do you have your date set for in Windows? Do you have MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY 

It may make a difference. In the Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, I am set for "English (United States)"  If you are set for "English (Australia)" it may make difference.

JonB - D-Light user
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 6:12am
jon

good to talk tou live , what time is it there.
anyway l am set dd/mm/yy and l was set to american english , l'll tryto test it with australian english.
I have also talked to Ralph here in melbourne , here is going to download and try it. The strange thing about my problem is that it has happened on 3 different computers, 2 running vista and one running xp, maybe l need to talk to the programmers.

regards bigvic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>