Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

help with scheduler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 7:18am
hi again jon
l have changed the date format from dd/mm/yy to the american way of mm/dd/yy and hey presto the thing finally worked, hooray , hooray. thanks again jon for your help and the date clue.

regards bigvic

Edited by bigvic - 23 Sep 2008 at 7:23am
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 8:29am
It may have something to do with your Timezone setting.  Or its just a coincidence that my scheduler that has worked fine for the last couple weeks now wont even open.  I changed my timezone on my computer to Sydney, created a sequence which although did layout correct on the calendar.  I closed scheduler and reopened and now get this.  Restarting the computer has not fixed it nor had changing the time-zone back to mine.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 23 Sep 2008 at 8:31am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 1:35pm
Bigvic - glad to have helped. It was the "scattering" of dates you got that made me think of that.

Chris - to quote you, "I ... reoponed and now get this."  What is "this?"  Are you saying you now have Bigvic's problem?
JonB - D-Light user
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 1:55am
hi chris

l didn't actually change my time zone , l made sure that l was set on US English and set my date format to mm/dd/yy. In australia we tend to use dd/mm/yy but as schedular was written in the US it probably recognises mm/dd/yy format and not the one we generally use. So l suppose that for the month of december my date format will be mm/dd/yy.
As for your problem even l haven't  had that come up, lwould suggest go back to basics and reset your setting bact to original and see what happens. Just one question chris, why did u set your time zone to sydney when u are in the states. there is an old saying Confusious said , "if it is not brokeno ,don't fix ito"

Regards bigvic

Edited by bigvic - 24 Sep 2008 at 1:59am
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 11:04am
Originally posted by JonB256

Chris - to quote you, "I ... reoponed and now get this."  What is "this?"  Are you saying you now have Bigvic's problem?

After I changed the time zone, and tried to open Scheduler, that error started coming up.

It finally opened up cleanly about 4pm yesterday after probably 20 times opening it and 4 restarts

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 11:06am
Originally posted by bigvic

Just one question chris, why did u set your time zone to sydney when u are in the states. there is an old saying Confusious said , "if it is not brokeno ,don't fix ito"

Regards bigvic

Just wanted to see if that would recreate your issue.  Easier to fix the bug if you can recreate it.    Its on my work computer, so the scheduler is not going to be used anyways..Smile

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 1:03pm
Perhaps the link between WinXP's clock application and the computer's BIOS clock got confused.
JonB - D-Light user
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 1:46pm
I don't know what changed in 1.02 in regards to the scheduler but I couldnt get the scheduler to play for the life of me and figured it was just me doing something stupid. I put 1.02 on this morning and rebuilt my schedules and BANG! it works.

I bet you  guys tell me nothing with the scheduler changed.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 12:46pm

Nothing that should have fixed this problem changed... I'm glad to hear it is working now though!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12