Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Bug Reports
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

decompiling data for editing (won't finish)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: decompiling data for editing (won't finish)
    Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 1:27pm

I have been using Aurora for a few days now, without any problems. Then today when I tried to open any of my Seq., Aurora starts to load the Seq, then hangs on this part "decompiling data for editing"  not sure what is wrong. I have rebooted the computer a few times, tried a repair on Aurora, and even unloaded, then reloaded it.  BUT, no luck.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 5:45pm
I get this once every oh... 6 times that I load a sequence.
Reboot fixes it for me.
I'll bet that Aurora's stuck at 00% CPU as well. This usesually happens to me after something inside of Aurora locks up and it does not quit gracefully.

[edit]
HA! That happened right now! I was loading a seuence and was checking the forums while it loaded.
[/edit]

Edited by Pony_God - 11 Sep 2008 at 5:46pm
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 7:03pm
It has happened several times in a row for me now, and rebooting isn't fixing it.   Not sure what else to do to fix it.

crichter View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote crichter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 9:29am
I have the same thing happening to me.  Vista Ultimate Laptop.  I was able to bring up the properties for the sequence, click save and it finished l opening the sequence, but nothing displayed and had a busy cursor in the window.  Got the following error when I closed the program:

Aurora Error Encountered at 9/27/2008 2:03:33 PM
Debugging Information:
-2147217887: Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value.
Main Processing Loop  
Microsoft Cursor Engine
Curt
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 10:09am
I've had Aurora "hang" while decompiling as well.

At first I was alarmed, but now I just give Aurora about ten seconds "to think about it".  Then I click on a blank area in the uppermost title bar of the window, and Aurora snaps back to life.  If I don't do this, Aurora just sits there.

This occurs most often with an imported sequence, but also sometimes after I have cleared the Cache folder (Which I do periodically to get rid of excess experimental data.  Aurora just rebuilds anything that's missing when I open a sequence.)

Dell Dimension 8300, P4, 2.6GHz, 1.25GB RAM, XP Home, NVidia AGP8 w/64MB

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 10:35am
See, mine doesn't free up after any amount of time. I've let it sit for over a minute before.
Although I havn't tried clicking on the title bar. You are talkng about the windows bar with the minimize/close options, right?
D-Light users Unite!
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Pony_God

Although I havn't tried clicking on the title bar. You are talkng about the windows bar with the minimize/close options, right?

Yes.  I found this quite by mistake while clicking around the window in frustration.  When I eventually made my way to somewhere in the middle of the bar, Aurora sprang back to life.

This is how I often get software to work...by beating it into submission.

Summer 2007 and Spectrum come to mind. Ouch

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 11:44am
I've had it pop up a couple times.....most of the time I just got up and got a drink or got rid of the drink I already had....usually a couple minutes later and it was loaded up, it may just need longer.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 12:46pm
If you click around long enough in Wondows something will start to work correctly...
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 10:46pm
Alright so XP did it again tonight...
Stuck on Decompiling for 10 min.
I clicked everywhere.
I was able to use the File menu. I opened file, then properties. I could not cancel, bt I could save.
Decompiling went away, but the CPU stayed at 100%, and I couldn't play, or edit, or do anything in the grid or play.
This time, Aurora couldn't even compleate the backup to close. Prorably because I messed with the properties/save stuff.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>