Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Bug Reports
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

decompiling data for editing (won't finish)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 8:09am
Pony, is this a sequence written from scratch on that PC or an import from Spectrum or borrowed from someone else?
JonB - D-Light user
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 8:21am
Created by me from my own ripped mp3. I added no timing marks, no effects.
Transfered to XP, worked for an hour 3 nights ago, added some timing marks, some efects, drew the mega arch.
Exited normally from Aurora, did misc. email, forum stuff the next day (played the Wii instead of sequencing)
Last night, started Aurora, loaded the file, got stuck. CPU at 100%, couldn't find any sort of errors in the default logs. I did not have the debug flag on.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I only have Aurora, and no other software has touched the sequence.

Edited by Pony_God - 02 Oct 2008 at 8:51am
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 6:38pm
Well, Just tried opening my first newly updated to wav file sequence, and I'm still stuck decompiling.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 12:13pm
Does anyone have a way to make this happen in a reproducable fashion (it always happens if I do _____)? 

While I have seen this happen here it has been far more elusive than some of you are experiencing (it has happened only twice since 1.0.0).  Anything that can point to a way to reproduce this will make it much easier for us to find.

Also, please provide a list of other applications running at the time this happens.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 12:43pm

I've been trying to keep notes on what's going on, but havn't found something that leads to it exactly.

... scratch what I was about to say...
The one thing that I haven't looked at heavily is the new XP search assistant. I have noticed that it was indexing on two of the occations that I got stuck. Beyond that test that I havn't done, here's what I have.

1. Day one.
    A. Work in Aurora on a single sequence perfectly fine with no errors. Durring that time, IE with multiple tabs, Symantic A/V, SonicWall's VPN client, task manager(?), nothing much running. Everything is fine.
    B. Exit Aurora for the night.
    C. Close the lid of the tablet. (Goes into hybernate)
2. Day two (possibly skipped a day of only internet browsing)
    A. IE and the same stuff is running.
    B. Open Aurora, select the same sequence that I was last on. Get stuck.

It's a simple step, but I can't figure out what happens. The best that I can start to guess is that (since Vista thinks Aurora crashes) possibly something isn't released fully back to the OS every time and Aurora cannot re-request it. Possibly?

I'll see if I can test the indexing thing tonight.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 1:02pm
While you are at it also test a connection with hibernate.  Everything on this end seems to indicate a memory management issue which means hibernate could also be a possibility.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 8:08pm
post test
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 9:37am
I can not get the decompiling to get stuck on que. I've tried every memory thing that I can think of. The only thing that I can 99% guarantee will lock it up is being is Stady By for 12 hours.
D-Light users Unite!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 6:49pm
NNNNOOOOO!!!!!

Can you guess what just happened to me?  I guess I'll program another song instead of opening up my firefly test sequence. 

By the way, restarting Aurora had no effect.  It still decompiled to its hearts content.  Like Pony_God, I can't give a trigger point for this one.  Worked yesterday, not today. 
~Jonathan
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 1:10pm

I don't know what Aurora is actually doing when it is decompiling. That may be more than the programmers are willing to tell us.

Let's assume it is "unzipping" or "decompressing" the file. If that's the case, then we need to know which version of Zip or PKZip or WinZip or WinRAR or whatever that Aurora expects to use or if it relies soley on Window's licensed version.

I'll start by saying that I have never had it stick on "decompiling." Not on XP SP3 or in Vista.

I don't have WinRAR installed any more on either computer, so I'll count that out. If you have it, you might try uninstalling it.

On my Vista computer, I don't have any Zip program other than what Microsoft built into Explorer.  On my XP computer, I thought I had WinZip installed but I checked and it appears I took off both WinZip and WinRAR at the same time.

At this point - I'd say uninstall any non-Microsoft Zip utility you might have. It could be interfering. That's my best guess in the absence of more info.

JonB - D-Light user
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>