Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Bug Reports
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

decompiling data for editing (won't finish)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pony_God View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 6:59pm
EXACTLY!

It came up and I thought HALLELUJAH!

Then I posted that it worked... and then had to reboot to load Firefly's test sequence.

And now, I'm going to reboot, start IE, put a test post on here and D-light, and watch Aurora load correctly... :|
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 7:13pm
So after XP boot, if I browse D-Light forums and then post here, will I compleate decompiling?

Edited by Pony_God - 13 Oct 2008 at 7:13pm
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 5:43pm
Alright, so now it seems as though comming out of stand by no longer causes problems.
(I've removed all other compression utilites)
So, tonight I came home and stared the tablet up. (After doing nothing other than sequencing last night, then going to stand by) Aurora started right up.
I viewed new posts on the Aurora forums. Aurora still worked after that.
I then caught up and viewed updates over on D-Light, and downloaded the new Firmware. Aurora was still fine.
Then... I went to to Microsoft Exchange's OWA, and logged in via the Windows secuirity that pops up. Aurora could no longer decompile...

I did nothing else. Same sequence. No updates. No scanning. Was not doing to Firefly update. Nothing.
It's deffinately tied to IE is some way.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 7:48pm
Thanks... if y'all come up with any more info please post it here.

I'm completely guessing here, but it appears memory is being "stolen" from Aurora for some reason.  This is difficult to track down since in a full month of testing we've only seen this happen twice in the lab (being non-replicatable this isn't easy to track down).  Both were on an XP laptop and one of those times was just after resuming from standby.  It seems some of y'all have this happen all of the time while 90% of users never see this at all.  While I have no confirmation, experience tells me there is a 98% liklihood this is memory related. 

Unfortunately, if I devote too much more time to this single issue we'll never get the rest of the bug fix release out so I'm going to table this one until after the next version (one week has already become 6).  In the meantime I recommend not using standby or hibernate. 
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 11:58pm
Well, I do have an XP laptop, and while I don't use standby, I do hibernate after every use.  My system now has two gigs on on it.  With my decompiling issue, a system restart fixed it.

The one thing that has me worried is when Aurora sent out commands for a different sequence than the one I was working on.  It hasn't done it since, but I'm not sure why commands from the previous sequence were being sent in place of the current one.  (This was for my fireflies).  With that issue, restarting Aurora fixed it. 
~Jonathan
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 7:17am

Jonathan, that happened to me once. I opened one very complicated sequence, did some editing, saved, then opened another very different and not nearly as complicated sequence. It kept playing the first one. It obviously had not cleared the arrays in memory. Closed Aurora, reopened Aurora. No problem.

As long as Scheduler isn't prone to that problem (not clearing memory arrays) I'll consider it a nuisance, not a show stopping bug.

Since Aurora doesn't really have a "close" option, it may be they never intended you to just open a new sequence without closing the application first. Perhaps that could be a Feature Request (if not already).

Edited by JonB256 - 15 Oct 2008 at 7:24am
JonB - D-Light user
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 2:43pm

???

Are you saying you see one sequence showing on the grid but Aurora compiles a completely different sequence???

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 15 Oct 2008 at 2:43pm
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

???

Are you saying you see one sequence showing on the grid but Aurora compiles a completely different sequence???

Yes, this happened to me once.   I finished a sequence, saved,  opened another and clicked play, it played the sequence I just finished with the music for the one I had just opened.  I close Aurora and it reopened fine the next time.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 3:31pm
As wild as that sounds it actually helps indicate where the problem is...

It seems that something is blocking Aurora from receiving events fired from within Auroradata2.dll.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 9:56pm
Yes, that is exactly what happened to me, also. Saved what I was working on, then Opened a new file. All looked fine, but when it played the music and light output was the previous sequence. Since then, I've always closed Aurora and restarted. 
JonB - D-Light user
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>