Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Bug Reports
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

decompiling data for editing (won't finish)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 10:53pm
As others have indicated, yes, Aurora shows one sequence (it even plays the right music), but sends commands for another.  My question is this:  Should I download 1.0.2 or just wait for the big bug release version?  I never encountered 339 errors, and it seems the release notes indicate that nothing in that build would help me or my particular system.  I can easily install it if it might fix something (like Scheduler), but if the big fixed bugs release is coming soon, maybe I should just wait?
~Jonathan
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 1:20pm

Except for a few minor details the release notes are complete (1.0.2 was an interim release for a handful of users who can't get Aurora to run at all).  If you aren't in that group and don't need the autostart option then you don't need 1.0.2.  Just wait.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 4:46pm
So I've tried NOT using IE for a few days of sequencing on my tablet and Aurora's been working perfectly.
This is still going into Stady By nightly by closing the lid and opening it the next night.
Aurora's been decompiling all sequences perfetly.
Tonight, I DID open up IE, went to web mail and a few other places and now Aurora can no longer decompile.
I do not have Firefox, or anything else installed here so I can't tell if those could cause the same thing.

My IE is 7.0.5730.11

I have all required and optional XP Tablet updates installed.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 9:19am
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

???

Are you saying you see one sequence showing on the grid but Aurora compiles a completely different sequence???

I have made numerous posts on this bug.  I HAVE to close Aurora any time i want to change sequences as the memory is not properly flushed when changing sequences.  The software also has another memory bug in it when I move any channel to another channel's spot; some of the events from the old channel are still in the new channel but I can't erase them and they do not show up on the sequence display.  They show up all over in the visualizer and to a lesser degree in the actual show.  Strangely enough, the more the show plays on the scheduler the less the errors show up.  After a few hours the show run 100% correct.

As for the original bug on this thread, I have the same issue from time to time but interestingly enough the machine is not hooked to the internet or a network in any fashion so IE cant be the sole reason for this.  Sounds like IE might trigger the issue by calling on the same resources but in and of itself it sounds more like there is a bad memory call in the code or the compiler might not be updated to make the proper calls as DLLs and what not change over time.

What is this written in and compiled with?

Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 4:04pm
I just had this "decompiling data for editing" hang error. I was attempting to open a sequence I used last year to begin adapting it to my new set up. It first asked me to locate the audio file, then hung. I was able to get past it by:
-attempting to open the file, select audio file.... hang
-after a while, aurora will let you select the file menu
-select properties and assign visualizer picture. It will then go thru the backbuffering, spectrogram stuff.
-It will appear to finish all of the opening process, but will only show a blank screen where the spectrogram and events should be.
-then save, it will try but then lock up again. So end task.
-open aurora and select use backup workspace
-bingo!

I only did this once, so I have not been able to double check the steps to reproduce. I actually did the first 4 steps 2 or 3 times before trying the last 2.

I hope this helps track the problem down.
Carey

Edited by Comporder1 - 20 Nov 2008 at 4:09pm
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 6:44pm
Carey, I'm curious as to what version are you using right now.  I know this was an issue in some versions of Aurora because it has happened with me as well, but since build 1.0.25 I haven't come across it even once.  
~Jonathan
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 6:56pm
the latest - 1.0.29. I think it has more to do with the file than the version. Wierd thing is, the last program to open that sequence was Aurora v.02 last year. You would think the new version would open it. It has worked fine for a few other sequences so far.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 7:44pm
Well, a lot has changed since 0.02.  Heck, a lot has changed since 1.0 when I first got on the Aurora scene!  Aurora now processes its information differently than before, and that requires the file to be saved (and sometimes reopened) before things work just right.  The issue is that the bug occurs before you get the chance to save, and that's frustrating, I know.  I'll try to duplicate the bug using my old backup 1.0 sequences, but as I recall it was a hit and miss type of thing.   
~Jonathan
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 8:48pm
Change.... YES ;) I'll be glad to post the sequence if anyone would like to give it a try.
camdebuck View Drop Down

Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 11:54pm
I can duplicate the problem everytime.  However, I believe it is related to something on the computer (in my case my laptop which has visual studio installed on it).

1) You need two computers.  I'm using a laptop and a desktop.  I keep the same file structure on both computers.
2) Create a sequence on the desktop and save it.
3) Copy the sequence file to the laptop.
4) On the laptop open up the sequence file and it hangs in decompiling mode forever.

HOWEVER, I do know how to get around this issue so it does not lock up on me any longer.  Before opening the sequence file, change the name of your music file directory.  Aurora will then get to the decompiling but can't find the music file.  It then prompts me for the music file.  I rename the direcotry back and then select the file within aurora.  It loads the music file just fine and everything else without locking up.  I then save it and can reopen the sequence without any more problems.

Don't know if that helps you, but that is how I'm able to duplicate the problem and also able to get around the problem so it doesn't bother me any more.

BTW, I use my laptop to test the files with the lights outside and use my desktop to edit the files since it is much faster. 

If you need a beta tester, let me know :)

--Cam--

Edited by camdebuck - 20 Nov 2008 at 11:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>