Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora Installing, but not running

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bdale Lights View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora Installing, but not running
    Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 9:06pm
Well, still no luck getting it to install on my laptop for editing purposes. It does install on an identical Toshiba Tecra A8 that I use for work. I have deleted the program, run updates, cleared it in Safe Mode, re-installed (latest version even) but still will not run the program.
Bob T.
D-Light controllers - 64 channels (Running for Second Year!)
bc_34sa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote bc_34sa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:34pm
I just uninstalled aurora, then went into the program files and deleted all of Aurora's files except for my sequences which I moved to another location, Then Re booted and re-installed the program re-booted and it worked
steve
searayovernighter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote searayovernighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:39pm
What was the fix action?
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 7:18pm
Try booting your comp in Safe Mode. This will only load the most basic config that XP needs. Install Aurora, reboot - once again in Safe Mode, and try running Aurora.

bc_34sa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote bc_34sa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 4:57pm
Any luck with fixing this.. I am in the same boat now...
Steve
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 5:59pm
That was me that had the problem with Roxio, and it was Easy Media Creator 10 Suite. ANever narrowed it down to the exact problem but I sorta suspect the codecs that are on the culprit pc.
I also had the problem of the videoedit.ocx but that was on Windows 2008 Server (non tested and non supported I would think) and it's 64 bit. So no suprise here.

I've loaded and run with no problems on the following O/S's: Windows XP Pro, Windows 2003 Server R2 32, and now Vista Ultimate.. Guess I've been lucky because out of the box it's always loaded and been fine, except for Vista but the Vista patch worked super.

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 3:21pm
Well, the file at least got the splash screen to show on the PC for about 30 seconds. Then it once again errored out with the same "Send/Don't Send" message. The next time I tried to open it, it was back to the instant error immediately after the splash screen comes up.

We have had constant rain here in SW Michigan since Friday. Not looking forward to more leftovers from Ike. :)
Bob T.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 11:19am
File coming your way via my workplace account. Just got whacked by the remnants of Ike. Lost one transmitter site in Poplar Bluff MO and studio here is on power rationing as our generator can't handle the load the newsgeeks keep demanding.

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 10:57am
Ha make that LightChristmas :)
Bob T.

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 10:56am

Strange Christmas Lights, because my email address is in my profile. I just did not publish it.

You can send it to REMOVETHIS_lights@bernernews.net

Take out everything up to and including the _.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob T.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>