Long Ramps do not function

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 6:13pm
I have the same issue, there's no word on the next revision, so I'm dropping back to an earlier version to get round the ramp issue
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 6:48pm
So if Im going back to  .7 unistall 1.0 and reload .7 or do an repair starting .7?

thanks

Mark
Mark Webb
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 7:23pm
I would do an un-install of 1.0 and then just re-install 0.7. To be honest it's only the scheduler that we need to get running with the longer fades.

Edited by peteandvanessa - 28 Sep 2008 at 7:24pm
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 8:48pm

Should I use v0.7 or v0.71?

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 9:12am
Originally posted by peteandvanessa

I would do an un-install of 1.0 and then just re-install 0.7. To be honest it's only the scheduler that we need to get running with the longer fades.

Just for clearification - If one were to just replace the scheduler with that from .7 long fades during show time would be ok?

Of course this may all be pending possible fix to this and any other fixes in any release prior to showtime.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 9:30am
Well, I think we all would be happy if we knew that the bug would be fixed for halloween (Christmas for me).
I would expect that since Firefly was supposed to be in this version, 1.1 is on hold until then. I'd like to have to fixes/tweaks before Firefly persoanlly, since I'd like to do ramp testing, and possibly have some odd lockups fixed.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 10:10am
I'm not holding my breath at the moment - Nov 25 is when my lights go on. I've tried most of my sequences and haven't see problems with the fades mostly because I unknowingly didn't use real long fades.  A few of the more recent sequences might suffer and I'd just like to be prepared. If that means dropping the scheduler back-level to work-around the long ramp issue that's not a problem.

As for Firefly - it's cool but I haven't found a place I want to use it yet and for the first year 112 channels of D-Light seemed aggresive enough for me. A far cry from the 6 channels of pre-programmed, over fused,  Mr. Christmas Wacko

Can't wait to see some of the video's for 2008 where Firefly is used..  It may be lurking in my future.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 10:53am
I'm starting with 64 channels and one (42 channel) firefly. Hard figuring out what to make all of the channels do with only 64!
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

I'm starting with 64 channels and one (42 channel) firefly. Hard figuring out what to make all of the channels do with only 64!

You will figure it out.  Just be creative.  I have gone from 128 CH to 224 CH and Firefly.  I hope it's not too much.

tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by compfire

I have gone from 128 CH to 224 CH and Firefly.  I hope it's not too much.

NEVER!!!!

But seriously...when in doubt you can always set the twinkle rates to slow (with the HW utility) and then drop in long twinkle commands as needed.  This saved us last year when the assembly of twelve controllers left me little time for sequencing. Dead
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>