DMX Tutorial needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DMX Tutorial needed
    Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 9:33pm
I have been playing with my D-Lights for about a year and I am pretty comfortable with them but I want to add some big strobes and those that fit what I am looking for all seem to be DMX.  Is it possible to 1) Integrate DMX in to a D-Light(LOR) show using Aurora and 2) what kind of controller does the community recommend?  For that matter is there an outdoor  strobe preference for lighting up a 3 story building from 30-75 feet away, DMX or not?
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 3:44pm
Aurora does not at this time support DMX.  It is in the plans for after the Firefly/RGB support is completed.  It has yet to be determined if we will have an early DMX support ready for this season, but given the rough start to 1.0.0 I would not count on it for 2008.

If you want to go the DIY route you could set up several (read dozens) of LED MR-16 spots wired to a D-Light DCx16 controller with a shimmer command.  I "turned night into day" with 120 MR-16s pointing at my house last season! Exclamation
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 3:52pm
That is good to know.  I am also looking for information on DMX in general. Maybe a good compare/contrast as to what situation one would be better than another like DMX fog generators are much better construction and faster to respond than those that you can buy at target, etc...

Edited by jberner - 19 Sep 2008 at 3:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply