lightsonlogan player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lightsonlogan player
    Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 3:20am
seeing as my schedular doestn't work , can anyone tell me were l can get a copy of an earliear schedular or player.

bigvic
Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 4:09pm
Bigvic

I don't know if this will help but here it is.  I think that the optimization routines may not work with the new versions of Aurora.  This was originally written to work with Spectrum when it was originally released.

This was Michaels trial run at Xmas light development.  Some still use it today.  Heck, if I remember correctly, I was the first to ask Michael to include the AC-16 version.  It saved my show...

From there, so far he has proven that the sky is the limit. 

I hope that this helps

Use the 0.94 version

David
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 5:43am
Thanks for replying and the info David. l have downloaded the player and installed it, but when l launch the program l get a message that says that l must install Winrar with shell intergration,  l have got winrar on my computer so what does that mean ? but behind this message l can see the player but connt use it.
l noticed on the download site that there is comment that says to download all previous versions, does that apply to the latest version of scheduler and if so how do delete  scheduler only , thanks

bigvic

Edited by bigvic - 19 Sep 2008 at 5:50am
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 11:04am
Shell integration allows the player to uncompress the sequence files by itself.  You might be able to uncompress them yourself and resave them in their uncompressed form - I'm not sure if that would make it work, but I believe that LOL could detect whether a sequence was compressed or not.

To test:  By default, winRAR is installed to C:\Program Files\WinRAR - using the command line, go there and type rar - you should get a list of commands and switches available to you.  If your installation is different, I'd recommend that you re-install and ensure that the option is checked.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 11:45am

Bigvic, it says you must "uninstall" all previous versions, not download them.

And the file is a Zip file so I'm not sure where RAR is creeping in on you. If you download the file and right click on it, you should be able to work with it in XP without WinRAR being involved.

JonB - D-Light user
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 3:57pm
LOL player will not play the current Aurora files.  The file format is very different than it once was.  Sorry.
bigvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bigvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 12:48am
THANKS guys
l got LOL player to work on another computer running xp and found it doesn't play dls (aurora )files, so l am back in the same boat , no schedular that works for me.
Someone  suggested that my font set is different and schedular will not display it, can l change something ? l have just noticed that my calender in schedular is grey(sort of ghosted) and not yellow , someone sent me a screenshot of theirs and it was yellow,will that a make difference or does this indicate a fault with my schedular ?. Is there any other players out there that will play aurora files or is there a converter that will convert dls.  to msq files

bigvic

Edited by bigvic - 20 Sep 2008 at 12:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply