Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Copy and Paste

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kalifi View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copy and Paste
    Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 12:50pm
Is there a way to set a default for pasting?  Is there a reason it must ask me each time I paste if I want to paste in the same manner as before?  If it is not a matter of me missing something but how the software is currently programmed can we get that in a near future update?  In the update make it a menu feature not one that pops up with every paste command.  I am doing some patterns right now and everytime I paste a menu comes up and asks me to continue. The paste menu always opening is taking a task that should be fast and easy and turning it into a task that is rather slow and cumbersome.

Everything else is going rather well, but this quirk is just making the feature of being able to paste almost as easy as just inputting each command for smaller patterns.  On larger patterns it is still worth it but can still be quickened by eliminating the pop-up menu everytime.Smile
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 4:01pm
How would introducing a "Shift + Ctrl + V" for "paste with last options" in addition to the standard "Ctrl + V" paste sound to address this?
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 4:06pm
Personally, I just CTRL+V then Space.
I'd rather have a "drag" type of feature so that I can move a section to a different area.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

How would introducing a "Shift + Ctrl + V" for "paste with last options" in addition to the standard "Ctrl + V" paste sound to address this?

I'd vote for that.  Especially since "Undo" includes intervals in Aurora!

Originally posted by Pony_God

Personally, I just CTRL+V then Space.
I'd rather have a "drag" type of feature so that I can move a section to a different area.

First you select, then the selection holds together when you click/drag (like an object)?  I'd vote for that too.  But I'd go for the one above first, if I had a choice. Smile

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 9:44am
Anything sounds great as long as I don't have to confirm the action every single time.  Thanks!Smile
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 6:54pm

I was thinking something like Excel/Speadsheet.

Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply