Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Draw option = crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lightupky View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lightupky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draw option = crash
    Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 10:58pm
Ok so i start to add lights to the photo of my house i get about 20 feet worth of  icicle lights added to the gutters on the house and aurora either completely shuts down or i get a error saying

Aurora Sequencer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down  here is what the error gives me

AppName: aurora_sequencer.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00011bf4

JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 7:45am
What is the size your picture? If you are using a picture of your house straight out of a 12MP camera, it is TOO LARGE. You need to reduce the resolution (pixels) down substantially. Something like 1280x1024 will probably fix the crashing. Personally, I use a freeware program called Irfanview to Resize my pictures, but there are many others.
JonB - D-Light user
Lightupky View Drop Down

Quote Lightupky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 12:34pm
pic was taken with a 3.2mp cam and is 640x480 and irfanview is a great and simple program  have used it for years.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2008 at 1:49pm
OK, you blew my first theory out of the water. A 640x480 jpg file shouldn't be causing that.

I did a brief look for help related to the file "ntdll.dll" listed in your error message. Seems to be caused by incompatibilities between software most often.

How about some more PC info, like version of Windows, Service Packs installed, Anti-Virus status, video card and drivers, etc.. 
JonB - D-Light user
Lightupky View Drop Down

Quote Lightupky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 10:23pm
Intel p4 2.8ghz
4gb ddr2
Radeon 9200 pro 512gb
2 160gb sata3 drives
1 WD velociraptor 150gb 10000 rpm sata3
Windows xp pro sp2
noting running other than windows this pc was set up to run only the lights for haloween and christmas
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 10:49pm

Have you done all of the MS updates (including optionals) How about the latest drivers from ATI?

SP3 is out, isn't it? Try that possibly.

Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply