Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help??
    Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 8:40pm
So I ran a show last night and the only thing I did different tonight from last night was that I updated the firmware on my d-light acx16 controller.  HWU works just great. I did try the beta of Aurora, and maybe thats my issue now that I think of it, but I opened my files and resaved them with the beta.  I am trying to pplay anything at all via scheduler or the sequencer and I am getting NOTHING.  Any thoughts or clues?

Thanks!
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 9:29pm
Check your Com port and Net settings.  Make certain your controller ID matches what is in your sequence.

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 10:56pm
make sure you disconnect the HWU from the controllers before you try aurora
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 12:24am
Ok, disconnected from HWU and that program is closed.

In the sequence it reads "Device Type: D-Light ACx16 (1.13+firmware)" and I am running 1.14.

Network Segment is 1.  Device Id is 4.

Serial Network Config: Network 1: Com Port 4.

It all looks right, its all corresponding... but no lights.
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 12:45am
I uninstalled the beta.  Reinstalled the original version... nothing!  I even double checked all the settings, I even started a new sequence with the right settings (network 1, device 4, d-light acx16 1.13+).. nothing!  This leads me to believe that it wont work with firmware update 1.14 since that is now the only thing different.  Anyone else have this issue?
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 7:31am
Have been using 1.14 since it came out. Used it in the July 4th show. The problem is not in Aurora.

kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 11:33am
I think I found the problem.... will verify shortly :)
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 11:47am
Got it! :)  It was however the new firmware... sorta.  I followed the list below which is from the D-Light.us website and nowhere does it mention that when you update the firmware it will reset the # of your controller.  Maybe this is obvious to some, but to others (like myself), I followed what it said and believed as long as I followed it exactly, I was golden.  WRONG! :)  So I went into HWU and started looking around and this is where I realized it was changed back to # 2 (default) from # 4 (where I had it set).  So I changed it back and it works again.  Not a major thing, but glad I was able to realize that cause it was becoming a pain in the butt :)

Here is that list form D-Light's site on how to update the firmware:
  1. Power off all controllers
  2. Power on the ONE controller that you want to update. (you should have a normal flashing LED)
  3. Run the D-Light Firmware Updater
  4. Select your COM port
  5. Select the unit ID of the controller that you want to update.
  6. Hit Connect
  7. After a few seconds, it should show Connected and display the type of controller that you have. (the LED may be either ON or OFF at this point)
  8. Select the appropriate firmware (DLX) file
  9. Hit the UPDATE button. (the LED will be flashing/flickering)
  10. You will receive a "Completed" message when done.
  11. Hit DISCONNECT.
  12. POWER OFF THE CONTROLLER
  13. Power on the controller and use the D-Light Hardware Utility to verify the new firmware version using the "Discover" or "Get Info" functions.

BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 12:44pm
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that sorta got bit by this.  Happened to me too once. Took me a while to figure it out then felt like giving myself a big dope slap.
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by bdkeen

Took me a while to figure it out then felt like giving myself a big dope slap.

I agree.. I did too.  However, I followed directions.  As my wife said "Imagine that, a guy following directions... you should know better!" ;)
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>