End of Show for scheduler problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of Show for scheduler problem
    Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 9:55am

I have run the Aurora scheduler for 2 nights now, and for the most part, it is GREAT compared to Spectrum.  Load times are quicker, no channels hanging up, and the best part is that it doesn’t crash the program with a memory error after 2 hours of playing. THANK YOU!  But (there is always a but, right), the end of show time isn't working right, or like I hoped for.  I set my show to end at 10 PM.  At 10 PM, it was in the middle of my loop of songs, so the scheduler kept running until the loop was done.  With Spectrum, it would only finish the song it was running, and then play the end song.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a bug?  Or is this something that can be changed for a later version.  One more suggestion for a future change to the scheduler would be not to ONLY have set 15 min start/end times, but let people input the exact time (i.e. 10:03 pm, instead of 10:00 pm or 10:15 pm)

dynawg View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dynawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 11:04am

The scheduler will play through the complete show sequence, regardless of the show end time.  My shows are about 28 min, and I want to play them on the half hour, so I set my show length to 15 min.  It plays the entire show, then waits the couple of minutes to the next half hour.  

Kind of a work around, but works for what I was wanting to do.

Post Reply Post Reply