Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedD-light DC-16 controller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pwalstead View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pwalstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-light DC-16 controller
    Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 11:47pm
Sequencer won't operate any of the channels on my controller. The D-Light hardware utility works fine. But when Aurora is playing back the sequence the LED stops blinking to indicate communications but no voltage(tested with lights and a DVM).
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 7:37am
Have you made sure that you have the D-light DCx16 firmware 1.13 picked as the controller for each channel?  I know there is one that says D-light DCx16 (lor)

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 16 Oct 2008 at 7:39am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 7:50am

Double checking.

Be sure Device type is correct.
Be sure Device ID matches what your HW Util "discovers"

If you have made changes to the DCx16's ID number, it never hurts to restart the device by turn off the power.

Be sure to click on the "Light Bulb" right under the word Playback at the top of the screen. It should be RED to get active output.  And I'll assume you have the Serial Network set to the same COM port that your HW Util is using?

Adding%20a%20DCx16%20channel

JonB - D-Light user
pwalstead View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote pwalstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:46am
Yep everything was as you outlined. Like I said if I used the hardware utility by itself it controlled the outputs fine. I was able to resolve the problem by running the hardware utility from the add-ins portion of the toolbar from within Aurora. Once I set the address from there everything worked fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply