How do I make a silent light display?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I make a silent light display?
    Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 5:55pm
How can I make a display with no music?  Just lights that transition?

Edited by jberner - 19 Oct 2008 at 5:55pm
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 6:36pm
Believe I've seen this question asked before. Guess someone has to come up with a .WAV of silenceConfused. And actually as dumb as it sounds I think you could use Audacity to generate silence for as long as you want then use the simlence file as the sound file giving you a silent sequence for the duraqtion you want - then sequence away in the silence. 

Edited by bdkeen - 19 Oct 2008 at 6:43pm
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 7:20pm

That's it! Audacity will create a blank waveform of a specific length. You just export to WAV or MP3 (if you have luck with MP3s. I don't).

JonB - D-Light user
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 9:09pm
That's exactly the way I did it.

I have a wav that is 4 minutes of silence.

It is good to play around testing different sequences. The best thing would be the ability to copy from one aurora sequence file to another, not just the channels but sequences built in one to the other.

Holding breath for DMX.
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 9:14pm
Or you could just turn the volume down!! LOL
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Comporder1

Or you could just turn the volume down!! LOL

Yeah!  You could use "Wizards in Winter" for all your "silent" sequences and just never turn up the volume!  Then you could tell everyone that your entire show uses WIW!

Okay...I'll shut up now. 
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 7:09am
After I posted this I remebered I had audacity installed and then I unpluged the mic and recorded a few minutes of silence.  I guess I can play that when Obama gets elected too....Ouch

Making it a 'feature' in a later version would be cool too. (Not, not elecitng Obama, but not electing him would be a great feature if they can figure out a way to make Aurora do that...) Allowing us to make sequences with out music would be nice.

Anyone have a Donkey frame I can use to scare the kids for my Halloween dispay?  For the kids that like it we can play pin the tail on the open light socketBig%20smile

Edited by jberner - 20 Oct 2008 at 7:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply