Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Scheduler Noob question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pony_God View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheduler Noob question
    Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 6:42pm
So, I know that I could just try do some testing, but I havn't seen the answer so I thought it would be good to have the answer in the forums anyway. So here goes.

When I schedule shows within Aurora's scheduler, I can create a show intro, a finale, and _stuff_ that'll loop in between. It's the middle that I have questions about.

1. Can the sequences in the loop play randomly or are they only play sequentially?

2. If I end the show at 10:00 and the loop is on song one, does it skip to the finale after the end of that song or does it play every song in the loop, and then goto the finale?

3. The loop of shows ends as soon as possible AFTER the end time, then does the finale, correct?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 6:51pm
Pony - That's the way I've understood it works, just as you stated. All my testing was just running a loop and they always play sequentially in the order listed in a round-robin fashion.

I haven't seen any way to randomize the selections. Hmmm - That might be a nice to have option.

But since I've only done testing and I'm not planningn to use opening and closing since these will just be part of the 'loop' I haven't tested the run once functionality - perhaps someone that has run a real show can speak better.
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 9:12pm

I will stick a comment in here.....

Last year I had visitors that knew the exact order of my play list. It was really kind of neet to think that they had sat there watching long enough to figure out what song was next. From time to time I would go out and walk down the street of cars and talk to the people. I would here comments like "I like the next song best" and "What is the song after the ____ song?" So, "round-robin fashion" is not really that bad.

my $.02!

Carey
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 8:37am
Hum... That's what I thought, but was afaird of. Just looping in series. Tara would get annoyed after the first loop... Too much manotany and repitition

But sitting inside and hearing loop after loop since i'm not running FM yet, hum... How many more times can one listen silent knight before taking out the shot gun and making _everything_ silent? Radio station don't play the same loop of song all day... (Except the one here that seems to only own 5 songs), I don't think that I should eiher.

For us, we'd rather have more of a playlist option. When I mow the yard, I just grab some random artist and hit the play randomly button.

So how about the end of the loop? Is it the END of the loop list, or the end of the currect song?

So, Mr. God of Aurora's code... How complex would it be to put in a little checkbox for "randomize loop order"?
D-Light users Unite!
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Pony_God

So how about the end of the loop? Is it the END of the loop list, or the end of the currect song?

For the end of show, it has to finish the entire loop.  So if you have 10 songs in the playlist, and it is playing song #2 when the end of show time happens, it will play songs 3-10 before it ends.  Specturm (is that a curse word now?) would just finish the song that was playing, then end.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 12:18pm
yuck... :|
D-Light users Unite!
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

yuck... :|

I know, I hope that is something that will get changed.
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 2:29pm
There is a way.  Download a Macro program. Then create and schedule a macro operation for say 10pm at which it clicks stop on the Aurora Scheduler.  Once you run the show a couple time, you will know the pretty close to the exact time you want to set the clock at so it clicks stop at the end of a sequence or pretty close. Assuming you have no issues in the show, it will work like that every night.   This may actually work good with Vista since Scheduler will already be open....so no UAC issues.

Here's one I downloaded and tried..it has a 90 day trial.  It will not START Scheduler unless you turn off UAC on Vista......will probably work great on XP machines.  For some reason it will not recognize the UAC message when it pops up when you are writing the script for the macro.     Anyone know the command line code for that??

http://www.kratronic.com/tools/recorder/download/index.html

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 20 Oct 2008 at 2:41pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

There is a way.  Download a Macro program. Then create and schedule a macro operation for say 10pm at which it clicks stop on the Aurora Scheduler. 

Thanks for the idea.  That will work ok for people whom don't have a end of show seq., but I do have one, so that won't work for me. 
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 4:15pm

Well, to that end, I could just make X shows with different ordered stuff, and just allow for a few min overlap. But that's still a fair amount of ugly work to get around something that (I would think) should be fairly simple to add a "this show play randomly" type of checkbox option.

Not saying I need it today, but late November would be great! :) ?
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>