Shimmer Ramp/Fade not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shimmer Ramp/Fade not working
    Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 10:28am
I'm not sure if that has been addressed, but I just noticed that my Shimmer Ramp/Fade is not working in Aurora.  I can get it to work in the D-Light Hardware utility, but not in Aurora.  Is this on the list of things to be fixed?  If so, is it going into the next version?

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 10:41am
HAY! I just noticed that yesterday! I was going to search the forums today to see if I could find the answer but I suppose the answer came to me! :)
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 11:02am
My understanding is that the long fade issue was fixed with the last release, but that the shimmer/twinkle fade was not.  I sent off a message to Michael (LightsOnLogan) this morning asking about this.

Stay tuned.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 11:51am

It is broken in 1.0.2 but has already been fixed in the beta releases that the testers are working with.

compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

It is broken in 1.0.2 but has already been fixed in the beta releases that the testers are working with.

GREAT, thank you.  I wasn't sure if I missed that or not.  I am using it in a few of my new sequences.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 12:36pm

That's the theoretical Nov 1 release?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 3:26pm
Yes... not sure if we'll make November 1, but it is very soon.  I'm about to roll out the Bulk Channel Editor fixes to the testers now... we'll see how that testing goes.
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 4:26pm

Yes... not sure if we'll make November 1, but it is very soon.  I'm about to roll out the Bulk Channel Editor fixes to the testers now... we'll see how that testing goes.

Bulk Channel Editor fixes?  Does this have anything to do with the fact that if I try to change more than 7 channels at a time, Aurora crashes on me?  Man thats a pain! Get all of those changed, hit save and BLAMMO! Took me alot of T&E to get to the point where I realized that I can only do up to 7 at a time.
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 4:37pm
Actually it isn't the number that is the issue.  If you try to set the N/D/C to a combination that is somewhere further down the list is when it goes whacky.  The workaround until the release is to run BCE once and move everything to another network that isn't being used, save it, and then go back in and edit everything where you really want it (changing the network back in the process)
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 4:39pm
Thats correct Kedogon. Been awhile in coming but looks like its working now. Stay tuned.

Edited by LightChristmas - 30 Oct 2008 at 4:39pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>