Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

429 error: ActiveX component can't create object

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
junencrew@juno.com View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote junencrew@juno.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 429 error: ActiveX component can't create object
    Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 9:44am
Hello
I have just run the scheduler for the first time on one of my computers to find a message box saying:
Aurora encountered and unexpected error and  will now reset.
Debugging information:
429: ActiveX component can't create object
Aurora.Scheduler.Initialize.0
Aurora.Scheduler.Initialize.1
I have checked mscomm and it is present and I regeristed it as well

What am I doing wrong?

thanks
Steve
skg
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 3:07pm

What OS is this on?  Does the sequencer also have problems on this computer, or is it just the scheduler?

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 04 Nov 2008 at 3:35pm

Quote junencrew@juno.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 4:02pm
I am using XP on both my laptop and desktop computers.  Everything works well on the laptop and the sequencer works fine on both.  Just the scheduler on the desktop gives the error.  It fails just after loading before any scheduler screen appears.  I reloaded and re-registered mscomm but still get the error.
I used dlight scheduler and sequencer with both computers successfully last season.
Thanks for you help!
skg
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 4:09pm
The only dependancy the scheduler has which the sequencer doesn't is MSCOMCTL2.ocx.  You can get this file from MS at this address:

(after downloading you will need to right click on the INF file and choose "Install").  Let me know if it helps or not.

Quote junencrew@juno.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 12:46pm
Thanks for the help but the install above did not fix the problem.  Is there anything else that may help solve this problem?
thanks Steve
skg
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 1:29pm
Please try the new version here:

Quote junencrew@juno.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 3:45pm
Well, downloaded the newest version and now I get the Borealis Aurora Scheduler splash screen just before the 429 error.  Looks like we're moving it closer to the end.
Steve
skg

Quote junencrew@juno.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 3:46pm
Oh yes, I also down,oaded and installed the MSCOMCTL2.ocx before the upgrade and it made no difference.
Steve
skg
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 4:45pm
If you have a file "borealis.dat" in your Aurora Sequencer directory you can try deleting it just in case it is corrupted.

Quote junencrew@juno.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 3:07am
There is no file with the name borealis.dat.  I've tried removing and reinstalling the Aurora program and I still have the same problem.

429: ActiveX component can't create object
Aurora.Scheduler.Initialize.0
Aurora.Scheduler.Initialize.1

skg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>