Feeling behind

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 11:30pm

Channels 3 and 8 also seem to occasionally be dead when the rest of the board is working.

While I can't get a light bulb into the outdoor enclosure, I can swap this board with the one in the garage that runs the house outline.  It's not heated in there, but it is better than outdoors, plus I don't have to worry about the obviousness of having a clamp on lamp with 60 watt bulb just inches away from the controller.  A quick test has the board under the lamp running the house outline just fine.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 26 Nov 2008 at 12:46am
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 2:32pm
My first controller had channels 4 and 11 as being temperamental. They decided when to turn off when they wanted, not according to my sequence. My dilemma was cured with the very good help of other D-Light owners, telling me to put a wall wart to load the triacs. Well let me tell you, this year, I have exactly 32 adapters waiting for those channels thinking they will pi$$ me off and do what they want. Not this year buster!Angry

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 10:06pm
Woohoo!!!

My show is running (partially... only 5 sequences right now).  I have a replacement controller on order but the tempermental one is in the garage for the house outline (and is under a light bulb). 

Tonight my FF controllers kept crashing to the point of needing the "force" option to re-flash them.  After some testing I decided (based on some knowledge of the underlying protocol) to try moving them to the ID range D0-DF and haven't had a problem since.  This also fixes most of the "flickering and stuck pixels".
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 10:50pm
FINALLY managed to get the setup finished enough to start the show! Running only two sequences right now. Haven't had time to finish the other six; so they will get added on an "as completed" basis.

Show has been running for 5 hours with nary a glitch! Well....aside from a wet connection some where tripping a GFI.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 8:14pm
The "it's up... now it isn't... now it is... not again... ahh, now it is good... oh no I'm down for days" routine is getting very old very fast.  I'm down again probably for a few days until I can get replacement FF strings (if there are any to ship this late).  Two Firefly strands are stuck all white and it appears to be something within the strand itself this time.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 8:34pm
Logan, if you're still up, IM me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123