Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Light Trade in for LED's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kevinzane View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kevinzane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light Trade in for LED's
    Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 12:00pm
This Saturday and Sunday only.  The Home Depot is gonna offer a trade in program on old christmas lights.  Bring them an old (working or non-working) strand of lights and they give you a coupon for $3.00 off a string of LED lights (max of 5 coupons per customerWink).  this is good only those 2 days...starting price on a string of 50 LED's is like $7.00 so you could buy them for $4 after coupon.........Pretty good deal if anyone is interested.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 1:08pm
Where did you hear that?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 2:11pm
Looking aroung the web here's what I've been able to find out.

I've seen reference to this in Canada. But there's no mention of it in the US. Have found some forums where folks talked to local HD. Some seem to know about it while other don't. Still no mention of it and cannot be found searching the US Home Depot website.

The Canadian Home Depot 'Eco Options' page has it right up front:

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wc...reId=10051

But the US 'Eco Options' page has nothing:

http://www6.homedepot.com/ecoopti...%5fOptions

You might think it could be on the 'Holidays' page also, but there's nothing. There's a link to 'Earth friendly Holidays', but it has no mention of the light exchange.

http://www6.homedepot.com/holiday...en_Holiday

kevinzane View Drop Down

Quote kevinzane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 2:35pm
trust me, it's good info.  Get an ad in the thursday paper and then you will see it is accurate for US for sure
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 3:32pm
One of the people at PC told us one of managers told him that this deal was for this weekend and not last weekend.  I'm sure this is correct...although the canada one was 50% off.

I am assuming you work for a newpaper company or similar and have seen the printed ad?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
kevinzane View Drop Down

Quote kevinzane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 3:39pm
for US stores it is nov 8th and 9th and is $3 off....I work a little closer to the source................
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 4:19pm
We did have that last weekend in Canada. A 12.99 set was 6.50 after the rebate. If you brought in a set of normal lights, you got a coupon good for 5 LED sets at 6.50. I got 10 more sets during that sale. Still need more....I must be addicted!!!Shocked

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 7:01pm

So since the US Home Depots don't seem to know anything about it, is there a place where we can get the information, print it and take it in so that they can honor it?

Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
kevinzane View Drop Down

Quote kevinzane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 7:14pm
Ad comes out in thursdays paper. I am sure it will be posted at depots website then... Otherwise email me and I will send you an electronic copy. No problem... I will be there with my wife, kids, neighboors.... 5 per customer....;-)
kevinzane View Drop Down

Quote kevinzane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 7:17pm
Most associates will not know about it till ad breaks on thurs... Fyi... It is on the front page and page 3 I believe. It is definetly national.. They will also have copies of ad in store starting thurs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>