Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcould not be pasted??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wesalbert View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wesalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: could not be pasted??
    Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 7:35pm

I have been working with Aurora for a couple weeks.  Tonight I am experencing a new problem. 

I have a shared sequence that I am trying to modify.  I added my two dlight controllers.  When I try to copy a channel and add it to my controllers I get a message about the selection could not be pasted in this area.
To be more descriptive of what I am doing:
Using the selection tool (kbd Y) I click on the first box in the sequence for that channel.  While still holding down the left mouse button, I press end. The channel highlights in blue. I right click and select "copy".
Then I go to my new channel on the controllers I added.  Click on the exact box, but on my new channel and then right click and select "paste".  I get the paste options popup.  Select "use the timeline events already on the grid" then continue. Thats when I get the can not be pasted message.  I have done this with other sequences and it worked fine.
Any ideas.  I'm at a loss.   I have tried cut, copy, different channels, even tried to paste it back in the area I cut it from.  I get the same message.

32 channels
wesalbert View Drop Down

Quote wesalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 7:54pm
A little more info,  If I add and event and then copy and paste it,  be it to an existing controller or my new one,  it works fine.
32 channels
dynawg View Drop Down

Quote dynawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 12:16pm
I have noticed that if you have the Waveform to Event, it will not paste. 
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by dynawg

I have noticed that if you have the Waveform to Event, it will not paste. 

I think waveforms are not meant to paste since they actually vary to the specific waveform within the specific cell.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
dynawg View Drop Down

Quote dynawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 1:01pm
I agree, was just wondering if that was wesalbert's issue.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 1:49pm
I think I've seen and experienced this too. Not waveform, just straight copy and paste. I think I got around it by delecting the destination cells then trying the paste again.ThinkI may have also seen this happen when I unknowingly tried to past past the end. I didn't pay too much attention to the error but will when I see it happened again. I believe it mostly happened with imported sequences and not those created from scratch.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 1:52pm
MMMmmm... Don't like that I can't copy/paste W2E.
I've added channels and need/want to move the event, now I have to remember what settings I had to get the same effect.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
wesalbert View Drop Down

Quote wesalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 2:17pm

Nope, not a waveform.  Not copying past the end either.

Just a series of events

32 channels
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 3:00pm
This might be off on a tangent but just for grins - have you tried to erase  channel events (right click channel and select from menu) and maybe even running the 'X' across the channel - then try to paste. I believe this is what I did and sometimes it worked. As I recall I only had the problem with imported sequences. Seems sometimes there's something not being shown that is still hanging around in the channel and maybe preventing the paste in some way.

I do remember experiencing this but don't recall the actual steps I took to get around it. Maybe I gave up on the paste and just sequenced manually. I forget. (senior momentConfused)

Edited by bdkeen - 05 Nov 2008 at 3:01pm
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

MMMmmm... Don't like that I can't copy/paste W2E.
I've added channels and need/want to move the event, now I have to remember what settings I had to get the same effect.

Haven't tried it...but the Grab function may grab the W2E and keep the original settings.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>