legacy to native mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: legacy to native mode
    Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 4:08pm
ok, I have a song that I  dded a firefly controller tand then added a whole bunch of RGB effects (Aurora V1.0.25 is very cool) but I can not ouput it to the Firefly. Why, because of the legacy mode and three id's. Don't I have to switch it over to native mode with one ID. If so how do I do that.

Thanks

Maybe in all the excitement I missed something simple

Edited by mramsey - 07 Nov 2008 at 4:11pm
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 4:13pm
Nothing has changed I believe.....Aurora doesn't have a native mode yet.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 4:19pm
but then how do you assign three Id #s firefly when the bulk channel editor only allows one Id #. I must be missing something very simple

Now EVERYTHING works great Clap I am so impressed with how the colors blend and fade

Edited by mramsey - 07 Nov 2008 at 4:28pm
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 4:47pm
The ID number you set is the base ID for the controller (just like in HWUtil).  With Firefly, Aurora will automatically use ID for red, ID+1 for green, and ID+2 for blue.   It is also necessary to have the latest firmware loaded on your FF controller (there were some issues with the ID numbers in previous versions).

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 07 Nov 2008 at 4:50pm
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

It is also necessary to have the latest firmware loaded on your FF controller (there were some issues with the ID numbers in previous versions).

Trust me, he's right.  I was getting wacky results with RGB until I remembered that I had grabbed a FF unit that hadn't been upgraded.  Upgraded the firmware, reassigned the ID back to the one I had been using before (remember that after a firmware update the hardware resets back to ID 2), and viola!  Awesome blinking lights effects.  Michael has really outdone himself this time.  Staying up till 3am pretty much every night this week doing testing is what I call dedication! Clap

Lamp  Remember that you can now add an entire controller by right clicking in the channel area.  Gone are the days of adding channels one by one!  The bulk channel editor also allows you to pick colors for your channels much easier than doing it one by one.  The best thing to do is to simply explore the new program for a bit to see what it can do, and then start sequencing. 
~Jonathan
mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 3:42am
Jonathan, was right just the other day I did update the firmware on the firefly controller after I took it down from my Halloween display. Like I said it was something simple it reset the ID. during the update but all is well now.

Like I have come to admit I need to slow down becuase I create my own technical troublesEmbarrassed

Edited by mramsey - 08 Nov 2008 at 3:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply