Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Progress meter on paste event

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progress meter on paste event
    Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 8:40pm
I think this would be very helpful. When copying and pasting large blocks of events, it can sometimes take several min. That is time I could be doing something else. If it could estimate time remaining, that would be the icing on the cake! Smile
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 9:14pm
A cancel button would be great too. As I type, I am waiting on a 5 min paste that I put in the wrong spot!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 10:19pm
5 minute paste... yikes!  What are y'all copying and pasting?? 

I'll look into this for a future version as well as if there are any performance improvements which can be done in there.  It only takes 5-10 seconds to open the whole file... shouldn't take 5 minutes to paste!
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 7:24am
Ok, ok. I may be exaggerating a little. ;) I am copying whole channels and groups of up to 4 channels. I am going from 16 chs. to 144 chs. and coping similar element channels makes for quick groundwork. For example I had 1 channel of icicles last year, this year I have 8. So I copied channel 1 to 2 & 3 & 4, then I copied chs. 1-4 to 5-8. Then I went back and deleted/added events where needed. I am sure it is not just my computer, at home I run a 2.2 Ghz Athlon X2 and at work I have the Q6600 C2D quad core both with 4 Gb ram. I'll put a timer on the next pasting.
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 8:31am
Depending on how may channels you were really copying, you may not be to far off.   For the heck of it, I copied a 16 channels of my 21 leaping arches and tried to past it into a new controller.     5 minutes , 10 seconds  That was a 2 minute song which 60% of the events being on those 16 channels.  (8724 events, 1346 snap points.)

I will say some of the other complex copy and pastes I've done, 20-30 seconds of 5-10 channels normally take around 20-30 seconds to a minutes. 

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 12:21pm
Well there is certainly some performance improvements we can make in there then, but not until 2009.  Being mid-November, anything that isn't broken (as in show stopping unusable) doesn't get fixed until 2009, lest we accidentally break something more major in the process.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 12:21pm
Remember, Auora got a lot more complex with this last update.  Essentially Aurora is compiling a lot more data than it used to, and that takes more processing time. 
~Jonathan
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 12:50pm
Thats small potatoes. Take a 64ch sequence and try adding W2E to all channels for the entire duration!

Hint: Come back in an hour or two.LOL

Not that anyone (in their right mind) would do this, but it tends to put things into perspective.

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 4:04pm
This is a minor issue.....It does function, you can just go get a drink or get rid of the drink you just had  LOL

Should be done when you come back....

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 10 Nov 2008 at 4:05pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

This is a minor issue.....It does function, you can just go get a drink or get rid of the drink you just had  LOL

Should be done when you come back....

I have used that sequencing technique...very useful.LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>