Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

lights to controller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jtcfrank7 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jtcfrank7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lights to controller
    Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 8:00pm
    having trouble gettting a command to go to controller   everything else seems to be working fine   i think missing something but dont what   any help would be great   thank you   john
jtcfrank7
kennyz06 View Drop Down

Quote kennyz06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 8:16pm

Check your com port setting in aurora, and click the light bulb to send output to the controller...

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 8:20pm
make sure Hardware utility is not connected to your controllers
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
jtcfrank7 View Drop Down

Quote jtcfrank7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 8:21pm
com port is set    when i click light bulb  nothing happens        john
jtcfrank7
jtcfrank7 View Drop Down

Quote jtcfrank7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 7:02am
hardware utility shut off,still no lights.   do i need to have all channels set up?also what do i do for channel device    thanks john
jtcfrank7
mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 8:10am
I made this mistake,  does the controller ID# match the ID# that is assigned to the controller in Aurora. Check under bulk editor

If the unit ID is set at 2 then when you check the bulk editor the ID should match

Hope this helps

If you have the HW utility open can you turn the lights on ??

Edited by mramsey - 12 Nov 2008 at 8:11am
jtcfrank7 View Drop Down

Quote jtcfrank7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 8:16am
both  ids are the same       yes i can operate lights through hardware
jtcfrank7
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 8:18am
Forgive the basic descriptions if you already know this information.

Use your hardware utility program  to determine which device number your controller is on.  This is done through the Discover tab on D-lights hardware utility (I'm sure LOR has something similar if your using LOR controllers)  Open HWU, Connect to the controller, the flashing red lights will go solid, and open the discover tab and click Discover.  It will come up with a number on the left side. The default is 2 if you have never changed it. 

Once you know that number, you have to change the device number on your channels in aurora to match that number.  

The device number for your channels must match the device number set in the controller.  This is how you can use multiple controllers. You change the controller Device number to match your Aurora device number.   I have 4 controllers  numbered 1-4. That way each group of 16 channels has a different address.   The device number is the address. 

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 8:21am
DO you have the right controller type set in Aurora?    D-light, LOR, etc.

When turn on the light bulb and click play, is the blinking light going solid?

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 12 Nov 2008 at 8:21am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
jtcfrank7 View Drop Down

Quote jtcfrank7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 9:17am
controller type is configured in settings    light does go solid    i believe i dont have each channel matched with controller   ill try that  and see what happens   thanks for help   john
jtcfrank7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>