FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Can't Load Sequence!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
camdebuck View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't Load Sequence!
    Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 11:03am
I uninstalled using the control panel (add/remove programs).  I then deleted the directory from c:\program files\aurora.

It's working again for me.  I haven't tried going back to an older version.  The next time it flips out, I'll uninstall and use an older version and see what happens.  Thank you.
  --Cam--
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 7:17am
How did you delete or uninstall the program? Did you go through the Windows control panel? I had the same issue and last night when I installed the newer version after uninstalling from the windows Add or Remove programs, the problems went away. I haven't had any issues yet (knock on wood) so whatever they did, fixed my problem. BTW, the issue started for me with 1.0.25. I had to revert back to 1.0.2 before yesterdays update.

camdebuck View Drop Down

Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 1:29am
I did reboot (everytime it crashes).  I've also uninstalled/reinstalled/deleted files/etc.  I started working again, but everytime I use the Bulk Editor and make changes, it locks up and then it starts all over again.

It's weird.  Only happens on this machine.

Now, once it starts working I can make changes to the events and turn on/off lines just fine and can do it for hours.

My developer laptop is very clean.  It's a pretty new install of XP Pro w/SP2 (within in the last several months) and only has several programs installed (PostgresSQL, Visual Studio, SVN and Aurora).  I rarely put this machine on the internet to make sure it stays clean.  If I need to install something I just get a thumb drive (which is what I did with Aurora), but I try not to install stuff on it to make sure it runs very smooth and fast.
   --Cam--
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 12:38am
Try a reboot, that's the only thing that ets me to compleate the decompile step.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
camdebuck View Drop Down

Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 12:15am
One last comment.  With your debug option, you might want to capture all of the system information in your log file.  That way you can know what OS/Service, .Net version, etc is installed. 
   --Cam--
camdebuck View Drop Down

Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 12:13am
BTW, I'm running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 (tried it with 3 on the laptop before doing the system restore with no luck and all updates/patches from Microsoft).
    --Cam--
camdebuck View Drop Down

Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 12:11am
Okay, I've done a system restore and reinstalled 1.0.25.

I'm trying to open the project file that comes with the installation.  It gets stuck at "decompiling data for editing".

Technically, it's not stuck.  The CPU usage is running near 100% and the fan in this dell laptop is going nuts.  Obviously, it's trying to do something, but my guess it is stuck in an infinite loop or something.

The only thing I had to change was the music file since the original music file is not included with the project and it asks me for the location of the file.

I'm going to let it run and see if it gets past the "decompiling" for about the next 15 minutes.

Let me know what you would like me to do. Thanks.
   --Cam--
camdebuck View Drop Down

Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 11:59pm
I'm having similar problems.  The program was working just fine yesterday and then today everytime I try to save or use the bulk editor, it keeps the save or bulk editor window up and I can't get back to the main screen.

I've also had a problem when trying to open the project file.  It stays at a screen that says it is decompiling the file (can't remember the exact wording).

I've tried using the 1.0.28 version you posted here and it's even worse.  I can't even get it to load an existing file (tried with and without the -debug option at the command line) or create a new project without it blowing up when adding a new controller (ACx16, #5).

The machine I'm trying this on is my developer laptop that has Visual Studio, PostgresSQL, etc.  When I try it on my desktop, I don't have any problems.  I prefer the laptop since it is a faster machine and it will be the machine that runs the program during December.

I'm in process of doing a system restore on the laptop to a couple of days ago to see if that  fixes the problem.

I'll keep you posted and if need to, will paste the log file.
   --Cam--
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 11:17am

One little extra... if possible run Aurora with the "-debug" command line option.  If you have installed Aurora in the default location, you can do so by doing the following:

From the start menu select "Run"
Type (including quotes):
"C:\Program Files\Aurora Sequencer\aurora_sequencer,exe" -debug
Hit enter

Once you receive the error message, please email me the file "aurora.log" located in your Aurora Sequencer directory.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 14 Nov 2008 at 11:44am
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 11:12pm
We've so far been unable to replicate this in beta testing except for when using unsupported audio files (MP3s with DRM, WAV that is 24 bit or 32 bit instead of 16 bit). 

Some things to try (try each individually):
- Run wmfdist.exe in your Aurora sequencer directory
- Delete audiocache.dat and the contents of the /Cache directory before starting Aurora
- Delete config.dat before starting Aurora

Please download and install this debug release:

Before Aurora errors out with the overflow it will show a message box with "AudioOverlay Detailed Debug Data" followed by some information.  Please note that information here.

Also, if you could send us your sequence, audio file, and a copy of your config.dat and audiocache.dat it would be helpful in tracking down this issue.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 14 Nov 2008 at 12:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>