FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 10:52am
1.0.29 users...

While using 1.0.29 this weekend I did identify a bug that we will be fixing before 1.1.  I'm posting the description and workaround below:

Conditions: After creating a new sequence making use of "Import channels from file"

Description: When placing events they sometimes appear in an undesired series of channels beneath the channel they are placed in.  Those channels may not visualize properly.  Playback to the lights is ok.

Workaround: These events do not really exist, but the grid rendering system isn't properly handling the "empty channel" scenario.  To get around this, hit the "End" key to go to the end of the sequence, place two timeline markers near the end (past where any "real" events will be), and then use the delete tool to erase the area between the markers for all channels of the sequence.  By doing so a "0% intensity" event will be added to all of the channels and the rendering issue will go away.

Notes: There may be a few other ways to produce this undesired effect as well.  The same workaround applies.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 8:41pm
So how far out is 1.1 at this point? Another week? 2? Before Thanksgiving?

We're going live in only 9 days...

Edited by Pony_God - 18 Nov 2008 at 6:27pm
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 11:17am
The beta testers are testing 1.0.30 which contains some fixes to 1.0.29.  The fixes should take care of some of the quirkiness of empty channels.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:25pm
Okay, so that's a hopeing to have a stable-enough for live use for this weekend???
D-Light users Unite!
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Slinkard

oh and btw Aurora works on Windows 7.

Dont get too excited. If you have been playing with MS long enough you know that what they just gave you wont be anything near the final product.  Give them enough time to finish their OS and they are sure to break something in every program :)

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 11:36am
Yes... Vista is a good example.  Somewhere between the early betas and final release it was decided not to include certain common controls (intended for support until 2012 mind you).  That wouldn't be so bad (you can always distribute them with the app installer), but nobody thought to tell the security guys that the files were taken out.  To this day Windows has them in the internal "protected files" list and steps all over the installer trying to put them on the machine! If you can get them onto the machine they do work, but getting them there is nearly impossible.
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 12:36pm
Hey so I seen somewhere on here that we should revert to 1.0.25, is this true? I am going to start my sequencing and want to make sure I am using the right stuff.

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 12:39pm
I had issues with 1.0.25 but they are gone with the 1.0.29. 1.0.32 has been out since 4 minutes ago as I type tis post.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Slinkard

Hey so I seen somewhere on here that we should revert to 1.0.25, is this true? I am going to start my sequencing and want to make sure I am using the right stuff.

Slink
Try out 1.0.32, I'm downloading now.
D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 12:40pm

Just in time to make your post out of date, there is 1.0.32 in the wild now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>