Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Lasers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pony_God View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 8:13am
Yea? better than the Candian stuff?? LOL

Oh, man I'm drooling over Darryl's soft panel stuff, have you seen his YouTube video of it?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
wesalbert View Drop Down

Quote wesalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 4:57pm
I plan on doing lasers, smoke machines and PAR cans once the DMX support is available. I was hoping for this year, but its gonna have to wait until next year. 
32 channels
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Slinkard

Psssst:
I got some C9's and C7's from Columbia I am willing to sell for cheap

From Columbia? I would think you would have a C41 cargo plane and some other stuff from columbia...  or were you talking about some sort of lights???

Speaing of ditching lights, Has anyone here gone full LED yet?  I dont want to change over at all but it seems the stores near me are changing over all their yard display stuff to LED.  I havent read much good about them as it seems we lose a lot of our capabilities with them.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 8:10pm
A few folks here got in on an LED group buy and got burned with sub-standard goods. Using LEDs with today's controllers are proving to be a delicate balancing act as LEDs do not react the same way is incandecents do. Firmware for the controllers is being perfected as we speak though.

bcwinery View Drop Down

Quote bcwinery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 6:28am
We switched out our entire setup to LED.  They seem to be working great for us.  We bought them from environmentallights.com  They fade, they shimmer, everything that I want them to.  We had to go with LED because we have 8-10 strands on one channel.  The only problem we are having, is that when a strand goes out, we have no way of fixing it, or figuring out which bulb is bad.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 8:48am
I WILL NEVER LET GO ON MY INCANDECENT C9s! They're just so pretty, like warmly glowing easter eggs. LED can't compare. We even picked up 2 strands of C9 LED, but the light is just too hard.

Originally posted by bcwinery

The only problem we are having, is that when a strand goes out, we have no way of fixing it, or figuring out which bulb is bad.
OUCH! That's an expensive replacement. We've had single LEDs go, but the rest of the string stayed up.

Now, other than the C9s that are used at main accent places, I'd live to go 100% micro LED, beautifull pure colors. BUT... I can't pass up $1.41/box for 100 inc. minis. If LEDs were closer, I'd get a higher ratio of LEDs. And I'd like to see 100ct LED strings, rather than the 60ct boxes. Heck, I love the long 200ct single strings!

At last count (before Thanksgiving and Lowes sales) we had 68,000 lights total. 57,064 (91%) incandecent and 5,352 (9%) LEDs.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12