1.0.32 (beta preview 2 of 1.1) is here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.0.32 (beta preview 2 of 1.1) is here!
    Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 12:35pm
Ok everyone... it's time for a nother Friday afternoon installment of Aurora updates.  Friday is good... it lets me duck and hide for the weekend (just kidding):

Release notes (changes since 1.0.25):
------
- Adds scheduler auto-start option to playback preferences
  (old method of /start still works too but this is easier)
- Adds default timeline marker check to sequence validation and creation
- Adds compile progress indication
- Fixes can't add channels/controllers under some circumstances
- Fixes extra events can show on grid when there are empty channels
- Fixes "file not saved" appears in form caption even after a successful file/save
- Fixes invalid/corrupted draw objects can cause a crash during visualization
- Fixes compile time too long
- Fixes monitor resolutions greater than 2400 wide can generate overflow errors
- Fixes default editor width of backed up workspace after new file creation
  should be 8 seconds instead of 0.3 milliseconds
- Improves performance of audio drawing

One beta tester indicates that the problems with the play button becoming non functional still exists in this release.  If you encounter this annoyance just File/Save, exit out, and then reenter Aurora.

Don't forget to reboot after installing Aurora updates.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 21 Nov 2008 at 12:42pm
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 12:37pm
Thanks for the quick turn around. Will install it ASAP and will let you know if something is wonky!

kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 2:23pm
Is there any feedback from those that have downloaded this yet?
Lightupky View Drop Down

Quote Lightupky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 11:18pm

well i downloaded it and started trying it now i seem to get out of memory errors now that i didnt get before.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 12:23am
If you are getting out of memory errors, fully uninstall Aurora from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs, reboot, reinstall 1.0.32, reboot, then start up Aurora.

All versions 1.0, 1.0.2, 1.0.25, 1.0.29, 1.0.32 can get this error and the only way to clear it is to fully uninstall and reinstall.
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 7:08am
The only error I have had so far was a weird one. After importing and converting LOR files, after maybe 4 or 5 in arow, the program told me it had encountered an error due to too many files. Then it shut down. I reloaded the program and everything was back to normal. It had even saved the backup space.

Asside from that, it works like a charm for me. I installed it on my computer that plays the lightdisplay which still had version .2 on it. I made up a test schedule to make sure verything would play like it was intended and sure enough, it started without a hic. I looped about 5 times before I stopped it. Couldn't stand listening to the same 3 songs over and over!!!!!

Lightupky View Drop Down

Quote Lightupky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 9:27pm

Ok ill give that a shot  working on my sequences  is about like baning my head aginst a wall atm  either way you end up with a pounding headache.Dead

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 11:24pm
I've been running 1.0.32 since Firday and don't have anything other than the stuck on decompiling that I've always had. Nothing new or worse.
Running fine here.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Lightupky View Drop Down

Quote Lightupky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 1:43am
well it seems the uninstall and reinstall fixed my problems now if i can just get ALOT faster and building the sequences ill be good to go first year and i have 80 chanels to do what was i thinking Wacko
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 8:43pm
do I need to have all previus versions installed for this update to work Wink

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>