1.0.32 (beta preview 2 of 1.1) is here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 11:09am
A 640x480 @ 72DPI JPG displays just fine in Vista. Can't see why anything more would be needed. Its not like we're trying to light the Mona Lisa.

ghamma View Drop Down

Quote ghamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 11:35am
Thanks for trying this out.  I just created a 640x480 and I get a black box over which the drawn figures show, but no picture is visible.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 11:11am
Just out of curiosity, you haven't adjusted the image brightness (sun tool) to zero have you?
ghamma View Drop Down

Quote ghamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 12:38pm
I didn't adjust the sun tool.  Adjusting the sun tool all the way up leaves me a white background for the drawing in playback, half way up a gray background.
ghamma View Drop Down

Quote ghamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 1:18pm
To try for a clean start, I uninstalled the Aurora software, rebooted, installed 1.0.32, and retried an earlier sequence with no change in the preview visualizer display.  When I made a new sequence and specified a new background image, I got a very dark gray box in playback visualizer, even with the sun set all the way up.  Changing the image to the one I've posted here I got a lighter gray box.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 3:09pm

Please try another photo just to make sure it isn't something with the photo.  Will the default.jpg in the Aurora Sequencer directory display?

ghamma View Drop Down

Quote ghamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 10:28pm
I've tried several JPG files with several pixel sizes with the same result.  Also the same (no image) with default.jpg.
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 7:29am
I have now caught up with my setup and am now back to working on sequencing.

I wanted to update to the 1.0.32 version on my main editing system so I uninstalled ALL previous versions of Aurora. I deleted most of the files in the base Aurora directory.

I then installed the 1.0.32 version.

I needed to move some channels around and re-address most of my channels due to a major addressing scheme change.

I was moving 15 channels from near the bottom to positions nearer the top of the list. I did this one at a time via drag and drop. I then started to re-address channels by clicking on each one. I know there is the blulk channel editor but I have not had much success doing more than a couple of renames at a time without a LONG delay in saving or just crashing. Anyway after I readdressed a few channels Aurora encounters an error and insist on closing. It happened twice.

I knew you would ask but I went back and tested the bulk editor with the following results.

I edited the controller number for 4 channels.
I then did a save.
After repeating this a couple of times on the second save Aurora just closed without any message at all.

I will continue but saving quite often and see if this problem continues.

Edited by MrChristmas2000 - 04 Dec 2008 at 7:55am

Holding breath for DMX.
kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 9:42am
Originally posted by MrChristmas2000

I have now caught up with my setup and am now back to working on sequencing.

I wanted to update to the 1.0.32 version on my main editing system so I uninstalled ALL previous versions of Aurora. I deleted most of the files in the base Aurora directory.

I then installed the 1.0.32 version.

I needed to move some channels around and re-address most of my channels due to a major addressing scheme change.

I was moving 15 channels from near the bottom to positions nearer the top of the list. I did this one at a time via drag and drop. I then started to re-address channels by clicking on each one. I know there is the blulk channel editor but I have not had much success doing more than a couple of renames at a time without a LONG delay in saving or just crashing. Anyway after I readdressed a few channels Aurora encounters an error and insist on closing. It happened twice.

I knew you would ask but I went back and tested the bulk editor with the following results.

I edited the controller number for 4 channels.
I then did a save.
After repeating this a couple of times on the second save Aurora just closed without any message at all.

I will continue but saving quite often and see if this problem continues.

I successfully changed over 100 channels via the bulk channel editor with 1.0.32.

Running Vista.
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 1:13pm
Running XP.

I just tried it again this afternoon.

Edited 4 channels, clicked save with the following error.

Aurora Sequencer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
For more information about this error, click here.
Error signature.
AppName: aurora)sequencer.exe     AppVer. 1.0.0.32. ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.26000.5512  Offset: 00002caf.

Holding breath for DMX.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>